Chapter 7

A doctor comes in and quickly runs some tests on you, ensuring you don't have a concussion. He disinfects the cut on your forehead, bandaging it.

"You will have to get a CT scan, just to make sure your brain tissue isn't at all damaged. Besides that, you're all set. I'll be back in a few minutes to wheel you out, but you'll need to put this on." He places a gown on the end of your bed. You nod, looking over at Aaron as soon as the doctor leaves.

You pick up the gown, holding it in your hand. It looks skimpy. Hotch begins walking towards the door, but you stop him.

"Can you, um, turn around please?" You ask. He nods quickly, standing up and turning around. The last thing you wanted was to be alone right then.

"A CT scan?" You ask, nervousness in your voice. You sit on the edge of the table, your legs still a bit shaky. You begin unbuttoning your shirt.

"That's what he said" he keeps his face to the wall, respecting your privacy.

"I've never done one before," you admit. You slip the shirt off, pulling the gown over your front. "Will it hurt?"

"No, no it won't hurt" he assures you "it's just a bit loud. You'll be in and out."

"Oh," you say simply. You're a bit embarrassed for being scared of something so routine. You take off your pants, leaving you in just the gown. You reach around to the back to tie it, but your arms are too short.

"Hotch?" You sigh, knowing what you have to do. He lets out a hum in response "will you help me with these?"

He turns around, an obvious surprise on his face.

"Don't be weird about it" you scold, heat rising to your cheeks "I just need you to help me tie the gown." He nods, walking up to you and beginning to tie the back.

You feel a heat rising to your cheeks as you realize he can see the backs of your bra and panties. He doesn't seem to notice, or at least he doesn't say anything. He just ties the straps and goes back to sit down.

The doctors come in to wheel you to the scan. You feel nervous. Hotch walks next to you. Without thinking, you reach up and grip his hand. His fingers are course, almost calloused. He wraps his hands around your fingers for support.

"Scared, agent?" He asks. You squeeze your eyes shut.

"Me, scared? Of course not, don't be stupid." He just laughs.

The scan is loud, but just as he said, over with quickly. You make your way back into the room. And sit in a comfortable silence until the doctor reenters.

"Well, our signs show she does not have a concussion," the doctor says "so she just has to fill a release form and she's good to go! Just make sure she takes it easy and drinks plenty of water." You notice he's talking to Hotch, not you.

"Is there any way I could fill out the form? I just want to get her out as quickly as possible. It's almost cute.

"You can, only if you're her significant other." The doctor explains.

"I am. Could you get me those release forms please?" The doctor nods, stepping out of the room.

"Oh, so you're my significant other now?" You can't help but grin.

"Shush, I'm trying to help you." He scolds back.

"Whatever you say, honey." He just rolls his eyes at you again.

The doctor brings his forms back and allows you to change, and just as quickly as you got in, your back out again. You and Hotch walk out into the hospital parking lot, quickly finding the SUV. It was getting dark, the sun setting. You climbed in the passenger side and buckled before he started driving.