Chapter 32

The only upside about the whole situation was that he wasn't in the mood to argue with you about anything yet. As a result, you were allowed to drive for once.

When you reached the station, you took his hand and pulled him into the bathroom behind you. You nervously glanced around, making sure no one had seen you, before locking the door.

"What are you doing?" He asks, watching as you grabbed a fistful of paper towels from the dispenser.

"What the doctor told me to," you shrug. You ran the cold water and dampened the towels just slightly. "Come here."

He looks slightly confused but is clearly too exhausted to argue with you. With one hand, you reach up and loosen the tie once again. Clearly, he had redone the tie when you weren't looking.

"You know that you don't have to wear this all the time, right?" You ask, pulling it off and placing it on the counter.

He opens his mouth to respond but is cut off as you place the cold towel on his bare neck.

"It's cold" he hisses as you clean the wound.

"It's supposed to be cold" you reply. Still, you're especially careful and apply gentle amounts of pressure.

"I'll stop by a store and get some aloe before we leave town" you mutter to yourself as you crumple up the towel and throw it away "maybe some Advil for the trip home."

"Y/n," he calls gently, placing a hand on your hip "You're worrying too much. I'm fine, really."

"No, your not" you correct, sighing while placing a hand on his cheek "you just got attacked by an unsub. You don't have to be alright all of the time."

"I'll survive. Right now, I just want to find the girl and go home" he says. He reaches out for his tie, but you quickly snatch it from the counter.

"I'll hold on to this for now," you grin, shoving the fabric in your back pocket "you know, for safekeeping."

"You'd better give that back" he demands with a contradicting smile "that's my favorite tie."

"Oh, is it?" You ask with fake innocence "well, it just so happens to be my favorite as well."

"You're going to be the death of me, you know" he sighs, pulling you closer and placing a kiss on your lips.

"Not if you get to me first," you mumble. You indulge in the kiss for a few moments before placing your hands on his shoulders and pulling away. "I need you to take it easy on the rest of this case, alright?"

"Y/n, it's really not that bad" he assures you "I'm perfectly capable of seeing the case through."

"I don't care if you think you're capable or not" you reply "you're going to relax whether you want to or not. Otherwise, I'll be more than happy to tell Jack on you when we get back. Capiche?"

"Was that a threat?" He asks, almost amused.

"Well, it was certainly an attempt" you reply. It eased a bit of anxiety in you to hear him chuckle again, as if it was a confirmation that he was truly alright.

"We should get out there," he says, straightening his collar.

"Right. I'll give you a little time to straighten up" you nod, unlocking the door and stepping one foot out. "Oh, and Aaron?"

"Hmm?" He hums, looking up at you.

"You should keep the top button undone. It looks hot."

As you leave the bathroom, you suppress the urge to laugh at his taken-aback expression.
_____________