Chapter 19

⚠️Mature content, blah blah blah

After a desperate search for your panties, which were found knotted up under his desk, you both dress yourselves quickly. His buttons are redone in clustered pairs while your shirt is uneven and sticking to your body.

"Would you mind giving me a ride home?" You ask as you put on your shoes.

"I drove you here, y/n" he reminds you "I don't have a choice."

"Could you be any less enthusiastic?" You roll your eyes at him but can't help a small smile

"I'm sorry. Would you please let me drive you home?" He smiles back a bit, raising one eyebrow slightly.

"Better" you give a half nod, standing on the tips of your toes to plant a soft kiss on his cheek.

When you leave the building together it's already almost dark. You can see the soft stars shining through the trees as you get in his car for the second time that day.

On the way home, you talk about how your day went. You learned it was about as boring for him as it was for you. You hadn't considered the fact that paperwork stressed him out just as much as it did everyone else.

Your house is close to headquarters, and because you had stayed late you had managed to miss the bulk of afternoon traffic. He pulls his car outside your apartment and into the large empty parking lot.

"Do you want to come in?" You ask, looking at him sideways "you haven't even been to my apartment yet."

"I'd love to."

You shiver in the cool night air as you walk into the building. You're surprised at the silence and apparent lack of people inside the lobby. It was only around 7 o'clock, but after the day you had, it felt much later.

You ramble nervously about your apartment, prematurely apologizing for any mess even though you kept your house immaculately clean most days. You're surprised that he actually seems to be listening intently, giving half nods in response.

"I live on the upper floor" you explain before pressing the elevator's outside button. There's a soft ding before the doors open and you both step in.

"Tight elevator" he notes. As the door closes, you feel your arms brushing against one anothers.

You press the button for your floor and your stomach drops as the elevator begins moving. He keeps his eyes up and skimming the words on the elevator buttons.

Inconspicuously, you glance at him out of the corner of your eye. His perfectly sculpted face and brown hair that fell just slightly over his forehead. His muscular, tall frame and broad chest that pressed against his shirt when he breathed.

"Y/n, you're staring again." He barely turns his head, but instead looks sideways at you and slightly downward. Okay, maybe not inconspicuous enough.

"Again? I don't ever stare at you" you scoff.

"You do it quite often, actually." You see a hint of a smirk on his lips. He seems amused at the fact.

"When?" Your tone is defensive.

"In the bullpen, in my office, on cases, in the jet. Shall I go on?"

"No, I don't" you lie, rolling your eyes and looking away.

"Did you roll your eyes at me?" His words are stern, but the smirk on his face tells you that he's not upset in the slightest.

"Don't be annoying and maybe I wouldn't have to."