Chapter 16

⚠️Tw: mature sexual content- degradation, hair pulling, spanking, daddy kink, slight sadism, bondage⚠️

You try to sleep that night, but ultimately all attempts are in vain. You toss and turn, thinking over his words again and again. About the way he spoke to you and how it sent chills down your body. The morning comes far too early, and before you know it your alarm is going off.

You wake up Jack and you both get ready for the day, just as you had done for the past few days. You tell him that his dad will be home soon, and he rushes to the window to wait for him. You can't help but smile as you start breakfast.

Usually, Jack enjoyed cooking with you. He liked to sit on the counter and swing his legs as he watched you mix and fry and bake and cook any recipe that fit the ingredients around the house. Today, though, he was clearly much too excited at the prospect of his father coming back. You couldn't blame him. If you didn't have to make sure you were both fed, you'd probably sit by the window and wait with him.

You search through the cabinets and find a box of pancake mix, so you begin cooking. You follow the directions and stir the mix together, but before you can pour any on the hot griddle, you hear the door swing open.

"Hey buddy!" You hear Hotch's voice say. It always seemed higher when he talked to Jack. Much less intimidating, anyway. You saunter into the hallway and lean against the doorframe, watching with a wide smile as the two embraced each other.

"How did everything go?" He asks, still holding Jack in his arms.

"It was great, dad" Jack replies enthusiastically "me and ms. Y/n made cookies for you!"

"Jack, it's Ms. Y/l/n" he corrects gently.

"Don't worry about it" you say quickly "I told him to just call me y/n. He insisted on the 'miss'." You felt you were much, much too young to be a 'miss', but Jack and his heightened standard of manners had insisted on it.

"I see" he nods gently, placing Jack down on his feet again. "You're covered in flour" he notes. When you look down at yourself you see the truth of his statement. The white powder was smeared and sprinkled all over the t-shirt you had worn to bed.

"It's actually pancake mix, and it's nice to see you too" you give a teasing smile as Jack runs past you into the kitchen. As soon as he's out of sight, you feel Hotch pull you into his embrace.

"I missed you," you say gently, holding on to him.

"I missed you too," he replies, placing a kiss on your forehead. He's much more gentle than you expect him to be, especially after last night's interaction.

"I think the team missed you as well," he tells you as he lets go, taking off his suit jacket. You just shrug. You knew they missed you; they had told you themselves over the phone. But you didn't think now was the best time to tell him that you were working the case behind his back.

"I can tell. It took you forever to solve that case" you tease.

"Three days is not forever" he corrects.

"If I were there, we could have done it in two" you flash a smile before returning to the kitchen.

"I'm sure we could've" he replies. "You know, we have aprons around here."

"That would've been nice to know" you sigh, taking a scoop of batter and dishing the pancakes onto the griddle.

"Here," he says, pulling a white apron off a hook in the corner. How did you miss that? He comes close to you while you continue cooking. Quickly, as to not disturb your process, he slips the fabric over your head and ties the strings that hang off the back around your waist.