Chapter 39

A/N: Umm, lot's of self-indulgent fluff and heavy Jemily in this chapter...so... be prepared for that

"Morning, Y/n."

"Morning, Reid" you respond, collapsing in your desk chair and setting your purse next to you. 

"You're early" he notes, not looking up from the paper he's writing on. With his desk across from you, it's hard to make out exactly what he's writing, but he looks intently focused. 

"Yeah, I woke up a little early this morning and wanted to get a head start I suppose" you shrug. Well, part of that was true, you did have an early morning. Jack had woken you up early by climbing over Aaron and somersaulting into the middle of you both, making a human pile of tangled limbs and giggles. You were both still tired, but you were more than happy to spend your morning watching cartoons and eating copious amounts of eggs and bacon for breakfast. 

As expected, he was slightly upset that you only seemed to show up while he was sleeping, but you quickly appeased him with the promise that soon you'd come over and spend the whole day with the two of them. You weren't exactly sure when soon was, but hey, it made him happy, and you were sure you'd figure it out eventually.

If you were truthful, you would tell Spencer the real reason you were early was that you rushed out the door to drive to work at the same time that Aaron left to drop Jack off at school, and you didn't want to arrive at the office at the same time for fear of appearing suspicious. But these days you didn't seem to be completely honest with anyone. 

"Good morning, guys" you heard JJ's voice behind you.

"Morning, guys" you greeted, spinning in your chair to reveal JJ and Emily walking in together. 

Emily just groaned in response, collapsing against her chair and pressing her head against the wood. JJ just chuckles and leans against her desk, taking a long sip of her coffee. 

"Someone keeping you up all night, Prentiss?" Derek asks, taking his place at the remaining desk and placing his bag down. 

"Most people would just say 'good morning,' Morgan" Emily responds without lifting her head. 

"Well, he's obviously not most people" you quip. "How's the head, Derek?" you notice the white bandage still across his scalp from where the unsub had blind-sighted him. 

"Better," he says "I can confidently say that I'm back on the top of my game. I slept for almost 18 hours when I got home, though, which is more than Prentiss can say." He turns the conversation back to Emily, clearly not wanting the attention on his injury. 

"Did you not get any sleep last night?" JJ asks Emily. 

"If blinking counts as sleeping, then yes." 

"What were you doing all night?" Spencer questions. He still refuses to look up from his sheet.

"Or who?" Morgan chuckles. 

"In what world would blinking count as sleeping?" you question. 

"I don't know, somewhere, probably" she props her head up on her hands "Y/n, light of my life, would you please make me some coffee."

"Why me?"

"Because you always made the best coffee" she pleads "You know the amount of Splenda. Besides, you are Spencer are the only ones who know how to use the coffee machine without making it start that awful beeping sound."

"I could teach you all of those things, you know" you roll your eyes, standing up from your chair and starting towards the coffee machine.

"You're a godsend" Emily thanks.