Goodbye

"You got everything packed up Ace?"

Walking into his room Ace dropped one more plastic container into the ground. He looked up from his task with a huff. "Yeah, this should be the last one. Everything is already downstairs except a few last-minute things."

"Just make sure-"

"Yeah yeah, I heard the spiel before. Make sure you label everything. Make sure everything is in a plastic container. If you need help just ask. I know." he said in irritation as this was the fifth staff who has said something to him since day one of packing.

"We know you know, but we also want you to know we are proud of you for moving on. Head out into the real world and have a life." Ace couldn't argue with her there. This place was to help them progress in life, but it wasn't life. Real-life didn't have as many regulations, nine other housemates, constant fights, or even protocols. In the real world, you don't report to an adult every single action in your life. Here you could get in trouble for going to the restroom without reporting it.

"Yeah. Well, thanks." He continued to pack up his items as staff left him to continue. "Alright. I just have to pack up my comforter, my hygiene products, oh and I should probably ask the Program Manager for a few of my confiscated items.

"Of course you would have confiscated items. What did you get taken away now?"

"Are you really one to talk, weren't you the one pocketing your meds when you first got here to get popular?" He replied to the voice behind him with a fake irritation. "So how much longer do you have until you leave?" turning around he noticed Night standing there with his little friend on his shoulder. Not even a day or two after Ace's announcement Bina went to Gabe and explained the situation on who knew about her here, how things ran, and most importantly who to avoid. By this point, the twelve-year-old was still getting used to Cato, but ironically seemed attached to Night. Of all people, Bina would have thought he would be more comfortable around Cato, but Gabe explained to her exactly why. It wasn't that he was a bad person, it was more like he was the tallest in the house. That he was the closest to being an adult human around here. Gabe knew Cato was safe, it was the comfort level. Night on the other hand was gentle and open. Anything he was thinking he would tell you flat out. If he hated you then he would say "Look I hate you. Leave me the hell alone." and he told Gabe every day he was safe with him. Nothing would happen to him, and from Bina's stories, the kid believed him.

Bina explained that the other youths who knew about her and were Casper, Ace, and Dollian...but to avoid Dollian. She was not sure how he would react to a child borrower here and didn't want to risk that. At first, Gabe refused to meet anyone else just getting used to Night, but Bina was very persistent about him meeting Ace. Let's just say Gabe only hung around Ace because Bina did. He couldn't believe how well she trusted him after all the crap he's done.

"I have a week then we go move in with Cato."

Turning around he noticed Night was already getting comfortable on his bed with the little Neko boy clinging to his neck either from not wanting to fall or because he was not comfortable with Ace here and no Bina.

"We?"Ace took a moment to rest and leaned his back up against the wall to talk.

"Yeah, didn't want to leave the little guy here alone so I convinced him to come live with us. I convinced my guardians that Cato was a good role model or some shit like that. So we are moving into his apartment in a week." he took a finger and rubbed between Gabe's ears. He knew the kid hated that, but it was always funny to watch him pout or swat at him for such a simple action. It also distracted him from his anxiety.

"So what about you? Are you ready?" he asked Ace, as he continued to pester the tiny on his shoulder. It got to the point Gabe turned around and playfully bit at and scratched at his hand just because it moved up to pester him.