When the Nights long

Hearing the door slide open Bina ran behind a lamp on Cato's nightstand. She knew it wouldn't keep her presence hidden, but she's known enough people around here to know that it was most likely one of the boys she already knew, and if not then another human was bound to locate her shadow cast by the lamplight very easily.
"Bina, what are you doing?" Came a familiar soothing voice she knew all too well. Her face grew bright red knowing she probably looked ridiculous to the human with the obvious hiding place she chose. She might as well have stayed out in the open.

"Just nevermind." the older teen shook his head as he very slowly and hesitantly moved his hands closer to the hard surface.

It didn't take long for the borrower to figure out what he was doing.

"Let me go you big gargantuan beast!" Cato removed one hand from the other to reveal the child from before. He was grabbing at his hoody trying to make sure his ears were hidden while stumbling around. The human wasn't blocking his way off, in fact, it was the complete opposite. Cato had placed one hand on the table to allow the tiny to walk off like he has done so many times with Bina. The Neko was the one making this so complicated by stumbling around, hissing, and even swatting at his fingers. Knowing full well the child wasn't going to calm down on his own Bina walked right on without hesitation while Cato waited patiently for her to figure something out. He remained silent and nonmoving to make the surface they were standing as steady as he possibly could for them.

Approaching the child Bina crouched down so the eight-year-old would only focus on her and her voice. She knew being in this situation could be frightening the very first time. Humans were supposed to be the enemy so it didn't even cross their minds that they meant no harm...well some of them. "Hey. You need to settle down. Look at me."

"But!-"

"Focus on me. Take a deep breath." the child gave her a blank expression slowly trying to give the human a side glance.

"No.," she said suddenly grabbing his arms. "Look at me only. Take a deep breath." the child took in a deep breath following her instructions. "Now grab my hand and follow me." she gently took a hand in hers. Slowly leading him off she noticed he walked behind her, she had to gently drag him behind because the Neko borrower couldn't take his eyes off of his surroundings. She couldn't imagine his thoughts right now. She was thirteen and still to this day some of her surroundings scared her, this was an eight-year-old child. She had to distract him as much as she could.

"Alright. What was your name again?" she asked as soon as their feet meet the hardwood surface.

"Gabe."

"Alright." gently she bent down again and slowly took his hood off to reveal his white almost grey cat ears. They were amazing. What amazed her most is he didn't struggle once, not even when her hands connected with the fabric and lifted it away from his face. "Remember what my name is?"

"Bina?" the child clung to her for a moment as his eyes focused back on the human right in front of him. Cato must have noticed because he sat down on the ground crossing his legs. He even scooted back a few inches to make sure there was some distance between the borrowers and him.

"Yup!" she gave a smile while forcing his head to look directly back at her. "That over there." she gestured to the black-haired human giving them a respectful amount of distance. "That is Cato."

Gabe didn't walk any closer to the teen as expected, but in fact, walked closer towards Bina to close the distance between them. The human slowly raised his hand in the air and gave a small wave. "Hey. Sorry about the shaky meeting...I was just trying to make sure you weren't injured or anything before." He gave a nervous pat on the back of his neck, most likely trying to figure out what exactly to say to make the situation a bit better. "It can get a bit rough out there." The child clung onto Bina like she's never seen him do. It was like because he was being directly faced with his ultimate fear he had no rhetorical comments or fight left in him, it all washed away and all that was leftover was typical child-like fear and hesitation. He did have enough courage to give a small wave toward the giant without saying anything.