Traveling There

Casper and Dolion continued to walk for what seemed forever. For some reason the jerk would not allow Bina to be with the younger foster kid, so she was just sitting on his shoulder shivering from the night air.

" A-are w-we ther-r-re yet-t?" Bina asked trying her best to get as close to Dolion's neck as she could. He had a sweatshirt on. Why didn't he just let her sit in there or at least in his collar like Ace did?

Dolion looked over at her while stopping in his tracks. " We...we're almost there."He proceeded to look around like he was looking for something distinct, but could not locate exactly what he wanted.

Bina leaned forward to get a better look at his face, seeing the confusion plastered on his face. "You have no idea where we are going! You are just guessing."

"No! I just need"

" Dolion!" She stood up abruptly almost falling off her perch. " I can tell by the complete confusion just plastered on your face! You took us out here and got us lost! I knew we shouldn't have trusted you."As soon as the words left her mouth she knew in her head this would go bad. She didn't know much about this boy, but she knew from observation to never question his knowledge, or he gets...a bit harsh.

The seventeen year old wrapped a fist around Bina enclosing her, blocking off her surroundings. She's been around all these giants for so long she was no longer scared, well to the point of shaking and stuttering, but she knew she should have been quiet. Dolion brought her right in front of his face and gave her a glare. " I can see why Ace does have a fascination with you, but you are wearing my patience. For your information, I have heard the run away talk about a specific place multiple times. There is only a five-percent chance he is not there. For your information I am not looking around for that place or landmarks. I am making sure we were not followed by cops. Unlike you we can not just leave that...prison. We have to have an escort or family with us or turn eighteen. We leave before then, that's when cops get called, and we are lugged back or worse."

Bina had to really think to herself for a moment. She never really thought of this Foster home like a prison before. In reality, she thought it was one of the better places she's been in. She could get food, water, needed materials, she just needed to avoid the residents. Since Ace found her, she had to admit it was a bit easier now. If she couldn't get her own food or go explore then Ace, Casper, or even Cato helped her out... She never ever thought of it as a bad circumstance or...a prison.

Was this why Ace left?

She collected her pride then pushed on Dolion's hands to make them open up. Of course, she didn't cause them to open, but the boy felt her trying her best to open his fist and decided to not make it harder on her. He slowly opened up his hand, looking down at the insignificant girl present to him. She looked directly into his dark brown eyes and sighed knowing she was about to seem completely weak and at his will.

A long time ago when Ace first started talking to her, she told herself mentally she would never say a few phrases and this was one of them.

"I'm sorry." She looked down at his palm she was still standing in. Feeling so ashamed of herself. " I should not have spoken out of turn. I just never thought of that place like a prison."

Dolion could see from his angle and feel her movements, that she was looking down, shifting her body from one side to the other. He could also feel her small foot grazing across his palm like she was kicking invisible stones. He knew he shouldn't have overreacted, but he wasn't going to show that. ( of course not)

"Yeah, well, if you actually think about things from our perspective, you realize I am putting my whole life on the line for your stupid little crush."