Just Us

Evelyn

"Evelyn Kidd." I said to myself as James and I made our way back to the ship. The night was quiet in Kingston, there was seldom a sweet summer breeze that danced among the trees.

James intertwined his rough hands with mine and kissed the top of my much smaller hand.

"It fits you." he said, the look in his eyes was pure love. James was really my saving grace, my angel honestly.

All this happiness made me forget the worries that I should hold. My brother for one, if he found out I was married he would kill me. Eddy was always sure to warn me about how malicious men could be, but James wasn't like those men he described.

"James can't we just- disappear? To the ends of the world, together." I inched closer to James, he pulled me closer and wrapped his hands around my waist.

"Now wouldn't that be nice? Too bad its impossible." he smoothed my hair, I looked up at him and felt something stir inside of me. James was so handsome, unlike anyone I'd ever seen before. Never in my life had I felt what I felt when I merely looked at him.

"What will we do when my bro-

James placed his finger over my lips and shook his head "We don't have to worry about that Evie, it's just us."

I rolled my eyes and walked off to his cabin, he wasn't getting it, not at all.

"How could we not worry? My brother will kill you! Kill us." I said as I took my earrings off and set them on his nightstand.

"Evelyn?" James said from behind me, I turned and found his lips on mine. I pulled him closer to me and let his hands roam all over my body. Our tongues danced with one another as I desperately tried to close whatever distance there was between James and I. I fell back onto the bed and pulled James down on top of me, James pulled away for a moment.

"It's just us love." His voice was husky and dripped with lust.

I couldn't stop blushing, I held James' hand in mine and placed it on my chest.

"I'm nervous." I laughed nervously, James took a deep breath.

"We can stop now if you want." I shook my head and moved his hand underneath my dress. His rough, calloused hands were warm against my breast.

"I don't wanna stop."

Within minutes James hand me completely naked on the bed, he kissed me all over and made noises I never dreamed of making especially when he did things with his tongue that I could never imagine.

I was so nervous but so eager, I could tell James was too. The way he looked at me said it all, his darkened eyes eyed me hungrily but there was so much love that they held.

"I'll treasure you for the rest of my life." he said right before he kissed me, the kiss was deep and distracting as I felt his length in me. James held my hand as he kissed my neck and stroked my breast, he did all he could to make me feel good.

It was a lot to take in at once and it hurt like hell, but shortly after it started to feel okay. James asked for permission to continue and I was ready.

That whole night we couldn't keep our hands off of each other, the night was full of passionate love and I wouldn't have it any other way. We made love until the sun started to rise and with the sun's awakening, we went to sleep wrapped in each other's arms.

James

I woke up a little before Evie and watched her sleep peacefully. She clung onto me even in her sleep, she was truly an angel that graced me. She was the woman I loved more than anything in this world, it happened so quickly, love came and I'm so glad it did.

I didn't want to leave our bed, I wished to forever stay in this moment with my wife. With the sun peering through the curtains onto her beautiful skin and the waves quietly sloshing against the ship.

But all good things do not last.

"Where the fuck is he? Where's the bastard, Captain Kidd?" I heard heavy footsteps and a voice that sounded all too familiar board my ship.

I lightly shook Evie, she stretched as she began to wake up.

"Evelyn you need to wake up, it's your brother." I said as calmly as possible.

"My brother," she yawned and then shot up in the bed "my brother!"

We both started to get dressed, I managed to get my shirt and pants on; Evelyn quickly put on her white dress before we were pulled out of my quarters by one of Thatch's men.

"Evelyn Thatch." Blackbeard grimaced at his younger sister, Evie's eyes were glued to the wooden planks.

Thatch was a lot taller than me, a lot bigger as well. He was seething with anger, I could practically see the monster opposed to the man that was standing before me. He drew his sword and I drew mine, each of our swords were pointed towards each other's necks.

I could see my dear friend Edward standing near Evie, of course, he would make good on his promise to be here for the showdown.

"It doesn't have to be this way." I warned, we both stood firm and unwavering in our determination.

"You kidnapped and tainted my blood, now I'll spill yours." he growled, he inched closer so did I.

His sword pierced the skin of my neck, blood started to leak out. I know that I wounded him as well, it was just hard to see past that beard of his.

"Eddy, please! Stop this!" Evie shouted, she stood in between the two of us and lowered both of our weapons.

This is what's she feared, losing what we had to senseless violence. I understood now, I got the picture far too late.

"Evelyn get on the ship. Now." he said through gritted teeth.

Evelyn stood her ground "My place is here, on my husband's ship."

Thatch's eyes widened "You will not marry this boy! This low-life pirate! Get back on the Revenge Evelyn!"

"No, I will not! If you kill him you'll have to kill me as well. Till death do us part."

Thatch sheathed his weapon way and made his way to Evelyn, he grabbed her arm and they moved towards the direction of the Queen Anne's Revenge.

Evelyn pulled away "I'm staying!"

Thatch huffed in frustration, he wore so many emotions on his face. Anger was most definitely there but most of all there was one emotion that was clear: betrayal.

He hesitated before he took a hand to her and slapped her across the cheek. Evelyn fell to the floor, there was a huge red mark on her beautiful face and I was out for blood.

Just as I reached for my gun Kenway stopped my hand "You don't want this man."

"She's my wife!" I fought against Kenway's restraint.

Thatch glared at me before he took Evie's hand.

"You're a dead man walking Kidd, a dead man walking." he said before pulling Evie along, she was sobbing so hard, my heart left as soon as she left my side.

I watched in agony as the one I love began to sail away.