Peace

James

"I can't give you advice on your own Kid, Kidd!" Kenway huffed as he lazily lay on his favorite tree. Well, it was originally my favorite tree but he's a copycat. He sipped at a bottle of rum, as he hummed to himself.

I watched him and slapped him with a stick that I found on the ground.

Evie was due at any minute and things had been absolute chaos on the island of Tulum. At every waking moment, she was whisked away to do some sort of yoga with the women on the island, she craved the strangest foods.

Two nights ago she demanded that I bring her one cucumber. That's it, just one, and she wouldn't let me back into the house until I found one.

The gag is: cucumbers don't grow on Tulum.

So I had to cheer her up after I broke that terrible news to her, you would think that someone died the way she cried.

Now here I was harassing Kenway to give me any sort of guidance as I neared fatherhood. Ah Tabi was great but I wanted to hear it from Kenway.

"You have a kid of your own! You have to know something." I poked him again with the stick.

Kenway stopped mid-sip and glared at me.

"Poke me one more time and we're fightin." he threatened, I poked him once more obviously not intimidated at all by the man.

He took one more sip of his rum before he set it on a tree branch and hopped down. I braced myself to fight when we both heard Evie's small voice in the distance.

"James Kidd! Why do you insist on terrorizing poor Kenway?" Evelyn laughed as she waddled over to us. Her stomach was so much bigger than her small frame, it was incredibly adorable to see her do the simplest task and make a whole day of it.

Her midwife followed close behind her, she had been having pains all day but the little shite refused to come out.

"Damn lass, you're huge!" Kenway exclaimed, my eyes widened. I slapped him in the chest quickly and hoped that she didn't notice his comment.

Evelyn was insecure about her pregnancy, apparently, it made her feel vulnerable and when I said anything about her stomach she got all sad and defensive.

She narrowed her eyes at Kenway "What was that?"

"Your stomach is so big!" Kenway grinned, I could tell he met no harm and after a few drinks, he couldn't take a hint.

Even the midwife cringed at the whole interaction.

"I'm fat." Evie's arms covered her stomach.

Kenway's eyes widened when it finally clicked "No, no lass! You're just having Kidd's kid!"

"Enough with the jokes Kenway!" I shouted and took Evelyn's hand.

I led her to the beach, she was quiet for a minute before she spoke up.

"I thought of some names, Mary for a girl and James for a boy. Hopefully, he's a lot less trouble though." she laughed.

"That's perfect." I said before I kissed her hand.

We were parents, the creed was thriving but there was still the threat of templars. As long as they remained our family would always be in danger. I had to protect them no matter what, I would do whatever it takes.

"I can't wait to tell them how we met." she kicked the sand with her bare feet,

I stopped her and caressed her cheek, I knocked her on her ass in some random alleyway.