Will You?

Evelyn

James and I had been living in Tulum for at least three weeks. Every day I tried harder to cope with the loss of my dear brother. Every day it proved a little bit easier, I remembered Eddy for the amazing person he was.

I still wished I could've apologized but I couldn't hold onto those negative thoughts.

James was with me every step of the way. He helped me enjoy life and on the bad days, he would bring light into my world.

"Evelyn!" he ran towards me, he was far away and I could also make out several small bodies running closely behind him.

I just stood there until he ran smack into me and sent us both to the ground.

"James we have got to stop meeting like this!" I laughed, James quickly helped me up and pointed to the group of people behind him.

"We gotta run!" he said, with fear heavy in his voice.

I shook my head in confusion "James what's going on?"

"No time! Come on!" he said as he grabbed my hand and we started running through the green of the forest. I was no runner and James was practically dragging me through branches and trees alike.

"James slow down!" I shouted.

"No time!" he stopped and scooped me up in his arms and kept running.

When we finally stopped James set me down, I was still confused and now extremely shaken up.

"Care to tell me what the hell this is all about?" I asked, still trying to catch my breath from running.

James panted "I needed to get away, but they still caught up."

"James, why are we running from the islanders?" I inched closer, James furrowed his brow and let out a heavy sigh.

"I tried to find the best way to do this but this was the only way." James said as he pointed behind me, I reluctantly turned around and gasped.

Everyone from the island was here with smiles painted on their faces, there were beautiful lanterns and flowers just about everywhere in the clearing of the forest. In the center of it all was a wedding arch made up of flowers.

I had wondered what the children had been up to, they asked me several times what flowers I like but I assumed it was because they loved asking a million questions a day.

"Evelyn Thatch, will you do me the honor of officially marrying me?" James said with a dashing smile and his hand out to me.

I nodded "I wouldn't have it any other way."

...

"Evelyn Thatch, do you take this man to be yours, now and forever, until the end of time?" Ah Tabi asked, I blushed as I looked up at James. Just as I predicted he wore a white bandana instead of his usual red one, he wore a white long sleeve shirt and light brown pants.

This was probably the most he had ever dressed up in his life and I would be lying if I said I wasn't loving it.

"Yes, in this lifetime and the next." I said without any doubt in my mind.

James

"James Kidd, do you take this woman to be yours, now and forever, until the end of time?" Ah Tabi asked me, I couldn't help but stare at Evelyn. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life and on our wedding day she looked like an angel.

She wore a flower crown made by the children who adored her so much, they followed her around every day. The women on the island made her a white dress, it was simple yet elegant.

There was finally peace in our lives and I know we both appreciated it.

Now here I was, just seconds away from marrying the woman of my dreams.

The hell was I waiting for.

"Without a doubt." I smiled.

Ah Tabi cleared his throat, in the crowd I heard sniffles from some of our close friends. I was sure some of the kids were crying too, probably the kid who wanted to marry Evie first.

"I pronounce you man and wife, may you both walk in love and light for the rest of your days." Ah Tabi smiled and closed his book.

I took Evelyn's hands in mine, then cupped her cheeks in my hands before I kissed her deeply. There was so much love in our embrace.

A little too much actually and they were beginning to give me unholy thoughts.

"I love you." she smiled, she made my heart jump.

"I love you too Lass."