Prologue

The woman was lying on the tile floor when she awoke with discomfort

The woman was lying on the tile floor when she awoke with discomfort. She opened her eyes gently, less concerned about what she was doing there, attempting to avoid going back to slumber.

Her blurry vision is welcomed by a broad glass wall that showcases the beauty of the city. Her lips naturally tighten into a tiny smile upon seeing a colorful scene greet her. As she embraces the heat from the sun, a slimy substance that soothes her skin is causing her anguish.

Nevertheless, unable to see properly. She got to her feet and moved toward the wall, attempting to scan her nudity with it as a mirror.

Then an unpleasant iron scent filled her nose and caused her stomach to growl. She was about to gag until her hands went up to her mouth. But she stopped when she saw how her skin had the same shade of dark brick red.

She jolted from her position when someone cried out, "Murderer!"

Blinking repeatedly, trying to comprehend what was going on, she looked around the room and saw a lifeless man curled up on a soft, white sheet. She stepped back in shock, lost her balance upon seeing the flood of blood on the floor. However, as soon as she realizes what's occurring, she looks back at the woman who called for murder.

Bewilderment was followed by a sluggish head shake as she uttered, "No-no! You're wrong-I didn't kill him!" but the woman began to run away.

Her mind clouded over with confused notions, and she got startled when the door suddenly slammed violently and several police officers and camera flashes appeared.

"Isabella Jamie Wilson, you are being arrested for the murder of Mr. Clifford Winston."