Chapter 5

"Kill her! Kill her! "

People are beginning to yell those phrases, and I can see that their teeth are met with rage. They were screaming violently, their eyes bloodshot, and the veins on their necks clearly evident.

"Kill her! Kill her! "

As I observe the crowd, I grasp who it is that they are yelling to be killed.

"P*tangina ka! Napakabuti ng anak ko sayo! Tinanggap ka niya buo, kahit na nakakasuklam ang pagkatao mo! "The woman exclaimed.

I became aware that I was in handcuffs when two police officers grasped both of my shoulders as I continued to be unaware of what was happening.

"No! B-bakit ako nandito? Bitawan n'yo ako! Wala akong kasalanan! Carter! Ara! Help me! "

Even though I wept, the audience continued to yell in shame.

"You killed my son, at buhay mo lang din ang maaaring kapalit! Kill her! "

Now I realize who she is. She's Clifford's mom.

I let out a cry and shook my head. "No, I didn't kill him. He's my friend. Clifford is my friend; hindi ko magagawa 'yan!"

However, my voice sounds insignificant in comparison to their cries.

The two cops pull me up in front of the chamber with the wired chair. My entire body is starting to shake.

No!

I was made to sit on the wooden chair, and a metallic electrode was strapped around my head and leg.

"Wala akong kasalanan, wala akong kasalanan! I didn't do it! I didn't kill Clifford! "I cried.

"Jam? Hey, wake up! "

I was shaken awake from a deep sleep by someone shaking my shoulder.

"Nananaginip ka," sambit ni Ara na ngayon ay nakaupo na sa gilid ng kamang hinihigaan ko.

"Ara? " usal ko nang mapagtantong panaginip lang ang lahat.

"Saglit ikukuha kita ng tubig," saad naman nito at agad akong iniwan sa silid.

I swallow hard and tap my chest lightly. I could still feel the heaviness, and my body was shivering with fear. I try to at least calm down by breathing a lot, but that just makes things worse so I decided to get off the bed and exit the room.

I wander around, observing my surroundings. I still find everything to be so strange. The living room is vacant, so I checked the time and saw that it was already two in the morning. Most people are probably asleep now.

As I turned to head back to the room, I saw a door on the left wing of the house slightly ajar. It is the only bedroom door that is both metallic and double-doored.