Chapter 4

I was attempting to shield my body from the chilly breeze by wrapping it in a big blanket

I was attempting to shield my body from the chilly breeze by wrapping it in a big blanket. The boat is currently heading to an unknown location. While the three are chatting with Carter on the starboard side, Ara is seated next to me.

"Are you feeling good now?" Ara asked.

"Ayos na, salamat," sagot ko.

I covered my lips with my palm, taking a long breath to calm myself down as I quickly looked over to the side of the boat. When I noticed how the sun had set, a smile came to my lips.

It is just exquisite.

But it brought to me a memory that I wish I had forgotten, one that is now permanently ingrained in my consciousness.

"Jam, hindi mo naman kailangang sabihin okay kalang kung hindi eh," Ara said in the most calming voice. I look at her and wipe my tears.

"I'm sorry. I just can't believe what happened to me."

"I understand," aniya na may kasamahang marahang pagtango.

"You know how I've been the worst version of myself? After my parents passed away, I... forgot to value myself in order to avoid going to jail for all my parents debt. But now... I still ended up-"my words cannot keep up anymore and all I do is cry. Ara hugged me and gently rubbed my back while I took a deep breath.

"I'm so sorry, Jam. Pero eto ang tandaan mo, from now on we will not let you be on your own. Consider us as your family. Ako, si Carter and those extra minions, we are here to help you prove your innocence."

After she said that, she wiped my tears and gave me a gentle smile.

"We're going to get through this, okay?" dagdag niya.

"Ara, MC is asking for you." Biglang sambit ni Barry.

"Stay here, Jam," Ara said before leaving me.

Barry is in front of me, standing. Her worried expression made me think of her reassuring remarks from the hospital.

"You must be wondering," she said.

"I do," sagot ko. Marahan siyang ngumiti at naupo sa kaninang pwesto ni Ara.

"I am aware of how chaotic things can get right now, and I'm positive that nobody can relate to the level of suffering you are experiencing. Also, I am unable to predict when time will end those emotions because it most likely won't."

I nodded reluctantly and shut my eyes. Taking in this clean, chilly breeze that filled my lungs helped me forget about the stench of the dark room and iron bars I had been living in for the previous few weeks.

"Please don't get me wrong, but you don't seem like that kind of girl to me," she said, drawing my attention.

I smile at her bitterly.