Chapter one

A/N: Hello! To anyone who decided to read this, you're amazing. This is my first fanfic and I'm not a writer so it probably won't be very good. Feel free to correct me if you see any mistakes :)
It's mostly gonna be Thomas and Newt's pov but I might add other people in occasionally.
Also, for the texting, I won't add much punctuation but just know that's intentional because I feel like most people don't really use it when they're texting.

-Thomas POV-

"I'm telling you, man. She's out of it," Minho ranted as we made our way to math class. Luckily it was last period.

"Ok, when are they coming?" I asked

Minho has been my best friend since I can remember, not to mention my neighbour, which is pretty convenient. Recently, his mom has been seeing this guy from London, and him and his kids are gonna come live with them. Minho doesn't seem too happy about it.

"In two days. Two days."

"Yes, Minho I heard you the first time."

"No, you don't understand, Thomas. What am I gonna do? This guy has kids! The girl gets the guest room but the guy has to share mine. I don't want him going through my stuff."

"Minho, I do know how it feels. I had to share a room with Teresa half my life. Plus, I'm sure they'll be fine. They're our age, right?"

"Yeah, the girl is Teresa's age (15) and the guy is same as us (16). His name is Newt."

I snorted a bit too loudly, earning a few weird looks from the people around me. "I'm sorry, did you say his name is Newt? As in the lizard?"

Minho just nodded and walked inside the classroom where Mr. Janson , or, Ratman, as we call him, was writing equations on the board.

Math was painfully slow, but we finally made it to track which ended early because the coach had a 'personal emergency'. We only lived about 15 minutes away from school so we walked home.

"I hope the girl is at least hot."

"Dude,"

"What?" Minho asked, trying to look innocent but his smirk betraying him.

"You can't date your step-sister, that's messed up."

"Why not? It's not like we're related. Plus they're not married yet so she's technically not my step-sister."

I sighed and shook my head. "You have problems."

"You're just jealous 'cause you're not gonna have my full attention anymore."

I turned to him and scoffed. "Please,"

"Hey, maybe you could go out with one of them. You have two choices and I'll give you my blessing. Unless the girl is hot then you can't have her."

I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully. I'm openly bi since I was 14. Minho was the first to know and when I told him he just shrugged it off and said it doesn't change anything. My family did the same. My sister, Teresa, even started talking about boys with me. It was alright at first but then it got kind of old, especially when I found out she had a crush on Minho. She never really got over it. Not that I don't like the idea of her and Minho, but he's kinda the school fuck-boy and I didn't want Teresa getting hurt. I know Minho wouldn't hurt her intentionally, it's just how he is.

We got to our street pretty quickly and Minho didn't even have to ask to come inside, seeing as he's practically part of the family.

"Hey, boys. How was school?" my mom asked from the kitchen.

"Hey, Mrs. Edison, it was alright. Ratman gave us a pop quiz, I wanted to kill myself," Minho said as he dropped his bag next to mine and grabbed an apple.

My mom laughed and shook her head. "You staying for dinner, Minho?" She asked after giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Um yeah, sure. I probably won't be able to come over as often anymore, seeing as my mom will be nagging me about showing my 'new siblings' around," He said, doing air quotations at 'new siblings'.

"Minho's pissed cos he has to share a room with him," I laughed and he shoved me, almost making me fall off my stool.

"I'm sure they're both great kids," my mom assured. Minho just scoffed.

"Tom, have you seen my hair straightener?" my sister walked in looking slightly frustrated.

"Hey, T," Minho turned in his seat to face in her direction.

"Hi, Min." She walked past him and stopped in front of me expectantly.

I shrugged exaggeratedly. "Why would I have your hair straightener?"

"'Cause you like to hide stuff from me to get a reaction."

I rolled my eyes and turned my back towards her. "It's probably in the bathroom where it always is."

She groaned and sat in between me and Minho, then started aggressively eating a banana.

"T, you can show around the girl, seeing as she's in your grade. You could be friends" my mom suggested.

"What girl?" she questioned through a mouthful of banana. Usually she would be all proper in front of her crush, but Minho has seen every possible side of her, she can't even be embarrassed in front of him anymore.

"My new sister!" Minho clapped in fake enthusiasm.

"Oh, yeah I forgot about that. What's her name?"

"Elizabeth."

"Sure, I'll show her around. As long as she's not one of those snobby British kids who thinks they're so much better than us."

My mom rolled her eyes. "You all have to stop being so negative about this, I'm sure they're both great. Besides, it'll be nice having new kids around, you know, new friends. It's only been you three since forever."

"Yeah, that's how we like it," I retorted.

Teresa and Minho both nodded in agreement.

Mom sighed. "Well then that's too bad, isn't it? Could you kids please help set the table?"

Newt comes in the next chapter, don't worry.