Chapter nine

~Newt POV~

"Holy shit!"

I groaned and opened my eyes, being woken by that and a string of what sounded like cursing in a foreign language that came right after.

I jolted up when I saw that I had my arm draped around Thomas and my head was on his shoulder. I was practically on top of him.

I blushed and sat up, looking at the source of the swearing. Jorge. By this time, Thomas had also woken up, I just hoped he hadn't noticed I was cuddling him. That would be embarrassing.

"Jorge?" He asked, rubbing his eyes from the sleep.

"I'm so sorry, hermanos. I forgot you were here. Your friend left and I assumed you left with him, I'm so sorry, please don't tell Mrs. Paige, she'll have my ass-"

"Calm down, Jorge. You're good. It's alright we won't tell anyone." Thomas said, laughing.

Jorge sighed and visibly relaxed. "Thank you. I'm glad Brenda is friends with you, you're good kids. You should probably get ready, though, I just opened the gates so people are gonna start coming in. Wouldn't want them to see," he stuck out his hands towards us and made little circles with them, "this."

We said bye to Jorge after he apologised about another 100 times, then went downstairs to our lockers where, luckily, I had a hairbrush and some deodorant.

Kids had stated filling the corridors and it wasn't long before our group came running up to us. "You stupid shanks what the actual fuck were you thinking?! We thought you were dead! We tried calling the police but they said we had to wait 24 hours before they send out a search party. Both your parents are worried sick and so were we." Minho lectured, as Lizzy, Teresa and Brenda gave us each a hug. He finally stopped rambling and engulfed me in a bear hug, then whispered in my ear, "Next time I'll kill you." I laughed hesitantly, not sure if he was joking or not. He did the same with Thomas and then stepped away from us, putting his hands on his hips and keeping a straight face while he waited for an explanation. The girls did the same.

"We had detention and Jorge forgot about us and locked us in by accident. Newt's phone was dead and mine is at home. Sorry we worried you." Thomas explained.

Brenda's eyes widened. "Jorge my uncle, Jorge?"

We both nodded.

"Oh my god, he's out of his mind." She mumbled.

"I'll call everyone and tell them you're both ok." Teresa said and went off to do that. Brenda and Lizzy left for class and we were left with Minho.

"So, where'd you guys sleep?" Minho's asked casually.

"In the library." I said, brushing my hair in front of the tiny mirror I had attached to the side of my locker door.

"On what?"

"The floor. It was real comfy." Thomas joked.

"It wasn't that bad." I countered.

He laughed. "That's cos you used me as a pillow."

I blushed and looked away, clearing my throat.
Shit. He noticed.

Minho looked at me and raised his eyebrows, a smirk creeping up on his face, but said nothing.

I slumped my shoulders "What?" I deadpanned.

"Nothingggg." He said, dragging out the 'g'. He walked past me and whispered in my ear, "Glad to see my brother's getting some action." Then walked away.

"Minho!"

He laughed and Thomas followed him to whatever class they had next. "Later, Newt."

I smiled. "Bye, Tommy."

___________________________

                               Shanks🤡

Mother Teresa: should we add Lizzy and Newt to this gc?

Thomas the train: yea we prolly should

Mean-hoe: sure I'll add them

                  Mean-hoe added Lizard boi
                Mean-hoe added Elizabeth III

Elizabeth III: erm hi?

Lizard boi: wtf are these names I-

Mean-hoe: I came up with them😌

Lizard boi: ofc u did
Wtf is Thomas the train?

Mother Teresa: bitch you did not just-

Thomas the train: YOU DONT KNWO THOAMS THE TRAIN?!?!
Thomas*
Know*

Lizard boi: no, but I know Thomas the tank engine

Mean-hoe: oh shut up same thing

Lizard boi: why do Americans feel the need to change everything?
What's the name of the first Harry Potter book?

Mother Teresa: sorcerer's stone

Thomas the train: sorcerer's stone

Mean-hoe: ^^^

Elizabeth III: ITS PHILOPHOSER'S STONE

Lizard boi: ^^^

Thomas the train: whatever, back to nicknames

Lizard boi: what's mine?

Mean-hoe: lizard boi

Lizard boi: how many times do I have to say it

Elizabeth III: oh no, please don't start with this again😩🙏

Lizard boi: a newt is a salamander, not a lizard. There's a difference, I could teach you it if you like

Elizabeth III: NO!

Mean-hoe: whatever have some fun

Lizard boi: I have fun all the time, I had a lot of fun with Tommy last night

Mean-hoe: I'm sure you did😏

Thomas the train: 😳

Lizard boi: shut up that's not what I meant

Mother Teresa: can you guys pls stop spamming I'm trying to do hw

Elizabeth III: ^^^

Thomas the train: mute the chat

Mean-hoe: ^^^

Lizard boi: we gotta go eat, c u guys tmrw

Mean-hoe: yea bye guys

Thomas the train: k byeee

Mother Teresa: finally

Thomas the train: I'm still here

Mother Teresa: oh shut up😒

_______________________________

This is a really crappy filler chapter, sorry😩
If anyone came from my tiktok heyyy😏
If we're mutuals lmk it's u :)
Tysm for almost 300 reads🧍‍♀️