Chapter twelve

~Newt POV~ (again🙄)

The next two and a half weeks were harder than I thought they would be. Now that I had established my liking for Thomas, I started to notice many more things about him. Like his laugh that honestly sounded like the portals of heaven, or the way he played with the hairs on the back of his neck when he was bored.

It also proved to be much harder to be around him. Every time he spoke I got butterflies and when he looks at me and smiles, I swear I almost pass out every time. He also keeps catching me staring, which just ends up making me blush.

I sometimes let myself have a little tiny bit of hope that he could possibly like me back. I know it's a lot to wish but I swear he blushes when I compliment him and he seems to like it when we hang out just us alone. But then again, maybe that's just friendly behaviour.

I had a chat with Alby and he promised to lay off. He's done a pretty good job of that, although we still get the occasional shove or aggressive comment.

It was the last day of school before fall break. We were going to go to Minho's grandmother's place in the country, since she wasn't using it at the moment.

"We're going to Gally's party tonight." Minho said as he joined Tommy and I at the lunch table. "Cancel any plans 'cause we're going."

"Minho, we're literally always together. What other plans would we have?" Tommy said.

"Uh, I- I don't really do parties." I said hesitantly. Last party I went to was with Alby and I still regret having gone.

Thomas turned so he was facing me completely. "Oh c'mon, Newt. There's hot boys."

There will be if you're going.

I raised my eyebrows, implying that's not going to convince me.

He clasped his hands in front of him and did some horrible attempt at puppy eyes, it was still cute though. "Pleaseeeee." He dragged out the 'e'.

I rolled my eyes and went back to my food. "Fine." I grumbled. Thomas and Minho made victory sounds and high fived. "But if I don't like it I'm leaving." I added.

"Deal." Minho agreed.

-times skip to before the party-

"Ugh, I've got nothing to wear." I complained as I picked up the hundredth shirt and put in in front of me in the mirror.

Minho huffed out a laugh. "Wasn't aware you had turned into Teresa." He joked.

I glared at him from across the room and threw the shirt on the floor in annoyance. "Just shut up and help me pick an outfit."

"Trying to impress anyone?" He raised a brow.

My head shot around so quickly I think I might have been whiplashed. "What? No!"

He laughed. "Sure." He went over to his wardrobe and started looking through it.

"Minho, I really don't think your stuff is gonna fit me." I said.

"Not mine. I think Thomas left some stuff here."

My face flushed. I would be wearing Thomas' clothes. "I- I don't think his will either."

"Don't worry, he left this here like two years ago, it should be just your size." He pulled out a short sleeved white button up with little black patters on it. He moved past me and reached inside my wardrobe, picking up some things and then putting them back down.