Chapter eleven

A/N: I changed my username to match my tiktok just so y'all don't get confused it's still me :)

~Newt POV~

I woke up and rubbed my eyes, then stretched a bit and yawned. I picked up my phone and my face fell when I saw the date

October 1st.

I slowly put my phone down and my eyes started watering at the memories. I closed my eyes and sighed a bit, holding back tears. I slowly creeped down from the top bunk, trying hard to not wake Minho.

"Hey."

I yelped and jumped off the last step, almost falling flat on my ass.

"Jesus, Minho! I thought you were asleep you scared the shit out of me."

He was sitting on the bed with his hands resting on his crossed legs and he was looking at me worriedly.

"You know, don't you."

He nodded and shifted his gaze to his bare feet. "Lizzy told me." He looked back at me. "Are you alright?"

I nodded and gave him a small smile. "Don't worry." I went to the bathroom and got ready, then packed a small bag with a change of clothes and my toiletries.

Someone knocked on the door and Minho went to open it. Lizzy was there with a small bag, wearing a bittersweet expression. She smiled sadly at me. "You ready to go?"

I nodded and hugged Minho briefly before stepping out of the room, Lizzy hot on my heals. We met with dad in the kitchen and said bye to Kira, then hopped in the car and headed to the airport.

The drive was quiet other than the radio quietly playing my dad's Oasis playlist, and the occasional supportive comment which didn't really help much at all.

We got to the airport and went through the usual routine. After about three hours we were finally seated on the plane, ready for our 10 flight. I took out my headphones and put them on, then started drawing from memory in my sketchbook.

Exactly one year ago tomorrow, my mother got in a car accident and died. We're going to visit her grave for the anniversary. I miss her like hell, but I'm not devastated anymore like I once was. I've learnt to accept it and understand that these things happen, and although it feels like shit in the moment, it gets better. My mother had a great life before she died, and I'm sure wherever she is now, she's happy and proud of us.

That doesn't mean I can't do a little bit of grieving, though.

I looked over to Lizzy, who was watching YouTube because she was stupid enough to pay for the Wi-Fi.

Seriously, who does that?

She seemed to notice my gaze and paused the video, looking over to my drawing. She smiled.

"That's a really good drawing of Thomas." She said, matter- of- factly.

I looked down at my sketchbook and blushed. I hadn't even noticed I was drawing him, I was too caught up in my thoughts to pay it any thought.

Lizzy smirked and put her phone over my arms, quickly snapping a picture of it while grinning.

"Hey! What are you doing with that?" I asked.

She waved me off. "Nothing, go back to your drawing.

I glared at her for a moment but obliged.

________________________________

                Thomas the tank engine🚂

Elizabeth III: look what Newt drew