Chapter three

A/N: I forgot to mention that I am British so all my highschool information comes from shitty American rom-coms so don't hesitate to correct me on anything

-Newt POV-

I woke up at 6:30 am to the sound of Minho doing push-ups on the floor. I groaned and he looked up at me.

"Hi, sorry to wake you. School starts at 8 here and we're gonna leave at 7:40 so you should probably start getting ready anyways."

I groaned once more before pushing myself up on my elbows and rubbing my face. "That's so early," I complained.

He laughed lightly. "What time does it start in England?"

"Nine."

"Oh. Hey my friends live next door, they're called Thomas and Teresa. Our moms are best friends so you're gonna be seeing a lot of them. We walk to school together, I hope you don't mind."

"Oh okay. So are you guys close like since birth?" I asked, not really interested but trying to make small talk while I got ready for school.

"Yeah, me and Thomas are the same age our moms were pregnant at the same time and I was born a day before him. Teresa is one year younger so we've always been pretty close."

I was about to answer when Lizzy burst through the door, Minho halfway through putting on a shirt.

"Lizzy!"

She covered her eyes and turned around to face the door. "Shit sorry! Sorry I forgot you share a room. Breakfast is ready and I don't wanna be late to our first day of school so hurry up." With that she walked out.

Minho and I looked at each other for a moment before we both burst out laughing. "Sorry about her, she doesn't really understand privacy and all that."

"Nah, it's alright, she's cool."

We ate breakfast and were out the door at 7:36 am. We walked over to the house next over and Minho started aggressively knocking on the door.

"Come on shanks! We're gonna leave without you," He called.

The door opened and Minho almost punched a girl in the face. "Jesus, Min," she said while dodging his fist. "Patience."

The girl had raven black hair like Minho and was slightly shorter than me. She was actually very pretty, I would have liked her if I was straight. She picked up her bag from the floor and stepped outside after calling for 'Tom'.

"T, this is Newt and Lizzy. Guys, this is Teresa," Minho said, pointing to us each respectively. We shared an awkward wave and smile before another person stepped out of the house and locked the door behind him. He turned to face us and I thought I might have just died right then and there.

In front of me stood the most beautiful boy I had ever seen. He had messy brown hair and beautiful brown eyes. His nose was slightly upturned and he had cute little moles running all over his face and neck. Don't even get me started on that jawline.

He walked towards us and slapped Minho on the back playfully. "Hey, I'm Thomas," He offered me a hand and I froze.

Shit. Shake his hand you moron.

"Hey man, you alright?"

I snapped out of my daze and took his hand, shaking it quickly and dropping my hand on my side. "Yeah, sorry. Um I'm Newt."

He smiled at me. "So I've heard. And you must be-"

"Lizzy, nice to meet you," my sister cut him off.

We all stood there for a moment before Minho finally broke the awkward silence, "Well, c'mon then, let's get to school. I don't want another late detention from Mrs. Paige."

The walk to school was painfully slow, despite it only being 15 minutes away. Minho and Lizzy were talking about something up front, Teresa was behind them but not really listening and Thomas and I were at the back, sharing awkward glances every now and then.

"So," Thomas started

Oh thank god.

"You miss London?"

"Not really. My friends weren't really my friends and my boyfriend just dumped me cos 'I was acting different' whatever the fuck that means." I stopped myself, realising I was ranting to a complete stranger and mentally face planted.

"You're gay?" he asked, thought it sounded like more of a statement.

"Uh, yeah."

Please don't be homophobic, please don't be homophobic

He smirked slightly, "good to know."

Sorry this is pretty short