Chapter thirteen

~Thomas POV~

Beep beep bee-

11am

I cut off the obnoxiously loud sound of my alarm, putting it on snooze and checking my notifications.

Shanks🤡
67 notifications

Geez, they talk too much.

Instagram
Teresaagnes_edison34 and four more liked your post

Snapchat
you received a snap

I yawned and cleared them, sitting up straight when I saw the date.

October 19th.

A huge smile creeped up on my face.

One week in a house with Newt.
...and everyone else.

I shook away the sudden though and got out of bed, grabbing a towel and heading to the bathroom. I groaned loudly when I saw that it was occupied.

"T, I gotta shower." I called.

"Yeah, well you gotta wait."

Another groan escaped my lips. We shared a bathroom which connected our bedrooms. Teresa's room used to be the office and we shared mine, but when I turned fourteen or parents decided that we needed our own rooms. Finally. Unfortunately we stil shared the bathroom and Teresa was excruciatingly slow.

I put my towel down and went to finish packing some last minute things like my charger and laptop.

"Hey, you can go now." Teresa popped her head out of the bathroom before turning and exiting through her side.

I took a quick shower, hopping out and slipping on some sweats and a hoodie. I had to be comfy for the three hour drive.

Five hours later and I'm last out the door because I couldn't find my shoes.

We had arranged boys in one car and girls in the other. I throw my bag in the trunk and joined my friends. I see Teresa and Newt talking quietly on the side, Newt looks upset and Teresa gives him a tight hug.

"Hey, it's only three hours, you'll see each other when we get there." I joked as I approached them.

Newt gives me a forced smile and then walks off, taking his seat at the back of Minho's car-well, his mom's car.

Teresa gives me a disappointed look and walks over to Brenda and Lizzy.

Um that was weird.

"Alright, let's go." Minho says, motioning to the car. I sit in the back seat next to Newt, with Minho driving and Frypan riding shotgun.

Minho started the car and turned on GPS, handing the aux cord to Frypan.

Newt sat on the end of his seat, facing out the window. He had taken off his shoes and sat cross-legged on his seat, making him look small and cute.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked him, tapping him on the shoulder and scooting as close to him as my seatbelt would let me.

He looked at me with a very obviously forced smile and nodded, turning back towards the window.

He probably just didn't sleep well. I told myself.

Throughout the entire drive I tried speaking to him, but every time I made a joke or started a conversation he would just smile and turn away, or give me a one syllable answer.

I decided he probably was tired and didn't want to speak, so I let myself fall asleep, not having slept too well myself because of the hangover and I still had a bit of a headache.