Chapter ten

~Newt POV~

It was Friday and I had art first period. I don't have any friends in that class but that's ok because I like art. My teacher, Ms.Mary, complimented my drawing for about the hundredth time before the bell rang and I went to my locker.

"Hey, babe." Oh for fuck's sake.

I didn't look his way. "What do you want, Alby?"

"I wanted to take you out tonight." He said, smirking and leaning on the locker next to mine.

I rolled my eyes. "And why would I agree to that?"

"Cause I'm your boyfriend." He said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I took a deep breath and slammed the locker, turning my head to look at him. "Look, Alby. I'm only gonna say this one. More. Time. I am not your boyfriend, I am not your 'baby' and I don't love you anymore. So piss off and let me be."

His smirk faded and his face grew angry. "There's someone else, isn't there?"

I put my hands on my hips and looked up at the ceiling, taking a deep breath, then looked back at him. "And what if there is? What does that concern you?" There isn't, but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of h thinking I still care about him. Which I don't.

He stood up straight and balled his hands into fists by his side. "It's that Thomas guy, isn't it?"

I rolled my eyes again. "So what if it is?" Its not, but he doesn't need to know that.

He made a noise weirdly close to a growl and slammed his fist agains the locker, making me jump a bit. He turned around and speed-walked away. If he was a cartoon he'd have steam coming out of his ears. I rolled my eyes and headed to my next class.

What a dick

-time skip to after school-

~Thomas POV~

I finished practice and headed to the showers, getting in a stall and letting the hot water drip down my body. After a long and relaxing shower, I got to the locker rooms and started to get dressed. I checked my phone and saw that I had a text from Minho, saying he's waiting outside with Newt.

I was about to leave when someone shoved me forwards by the shoulder, hard enough to almost make me fall over. "Hey, what the hell, man-" I turn around and stop when I see Alby. "What do you want?"

He came up close to me and put his finger on my chest, pushing me back slowly. "I want you to stay away from my boyfriend." He said threateningly.

I scoffed and stepped forward slightly, standing up straight and putting my chin up. He was slightly taller than me. "Last time I checked, Newt's not your boyfriend anymore."

"Yeah, well what makes you think you can just take him for me?" He practically screamed this.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

He growled angrily and swung at me. A throbbing pain erupted from my jaw where he had hit me, and I could feel myself starting to bleed. I tried to hit back but he dodged it, coming for me again, and again, and again. I groaned in pain and fell to the ground. He kicked me in the stomach a few times and then stopped. "Stay the hell away from him." And then he left.

I stayed on the floor for about five more minutes before slowly staggering up, feeling my face for fresh bruises which were very much present. "Fucking asshole." I mumbled while I very carefully swung my back pack around my shoulders. Then came the realisation.