Chapter four

-Thomas POV-

Second period was History. Luckily I had all of my friends, including Newt, in that class. Plus Mr. Vince was my favourite teacher, he liked to joke with us and treated us like friends. Not to mention he was fair.

Class went by pretty quickly since it was mostly just taking notes and watching a video. five minutes before the end of class Mr. Vince walked to the front of the class and cleared his throat.

"Ok, listen up. There's gonna be a group project on the slave trade due in two weeks time. Now, unfortunately, Mrs. Paige won't allow you to pick your own pairs." A few groans erupted from the students. "But. Being the great teacher that I am, I tried my best to accommodate most of you." Everyone's faces lit up in anticipation. "Listen out for your names. Aris and Rachel. Sonya (A/N: let's pretend her and Lizzy are two different people) and Harriet. Chuck and Winston. Gally and Frypan. Minho and Brenda. Thomas and Newton..." I zoned out on the rest of the names. I turned to Newt and smiled, he smiled back.

That's not too bad. I've gotta get to know him, anyways.

At lunch, we went to sit in the cafeteria where Teresa and Lizzy had already gotten a table, along with Teresa's friend, Lydia. Brenda and Frypan came over and we introduced them to Newt. Brenda was also a pretty close friend to us, and recently she started dating Frypan so he became a part of the group.

-time skip to after school-

-Newt POV-

"Hey, Newt. We've got track so you can either watch or go home with the girls," Minho said, Thomas right next to us.

"I guess I'll...watch?"

"Great, you can sit on the bleachers." Thomas patted me on the back, though it was more gentle than how he had done it to Minho or Brenda.

They went to get changed in the locker rooms and I went over to the bleachers. I took out my sketch book and started to draw. Drawing has always been my hobby, it calms me and I'm really passionate about it. 

"That's really good," I hear someone say. I look up and see a girl I recognised from history, though I can't remember her name.

"Uh, thanks."

"You're new, right? Minho's step-brother."

"Yeah, just moved here yesterday with my dad and sister." I looked back down to my drawing. Not that she's not nice but I'd really rather just sit here and draw than talk to her.

"I'm Harriet by the way."

"Newt."

She seemed to get take the hint and stopped talking to me, until the boys came out of the locker rooms and her face lit up like a crazy fan girl.

"Oh my god they're coming." She tapped my arm a bit too hard for my liking. I signed and gave up on drawing so I closed the sketchbook and looked up at her.

"What?"

"The guys, they're coming. That's the only reason we come here. To watch."

"We?" I looked around me and noticed that a bunch of other girls had crowded the bleachers as well, all smiling like idiots and whispering to each other.

"Yeah. I mostly come here for Thomas and Gally. They're so fast. They're the best on the team except for Minho. They're so hot, especially Thomas..." I stopped listening to her rambling when Thomas came out jogging and waved to me. I hesitantly waved back. "...since it's September they're probably gonna get hot and take off their shirts. That's the best part."

As promised, shirts came off and I thought I was about do die- again- if I thought Thomas' face was nice it's nothing compared to his body. I almost lost it when he winked at me.

I'm imagining stuff. He did not wink at me.

"Oh. My. God. THOMAS WINKED AT ME!!" I heard Harriet squeal next to me.

Oh.

I don't even know why I was disappointed. It's not like I liked Thomas. I just met him I can't like him. I did find him attractive though, but that's beside the point.

-Thomas POV-

I saw Newt sitting next to Harriet on the bleacher. She's had a huge crush on me for ages and she's kind of annoying sometimes, I hope she's not bothering Newt. She never misses practice, it's kind of creepy.

At one point I decided to wink at him.

Wink at him. What the fuck was I thinking?

I regretted it instantly because by the looks of it, Harriet thought I was winking at her.

Oh god, now she's gonna think I like her back.

Not that I like Newt, I only just met him. But I'd prefer Newt to think that I like him that Harriet.

After practice we met Newt just outside of the locker rooms and walked home together. I decided to go over to Minho's because my room wasn't very clean and I wanted to make a good first impression on Newt.

We walked in and I almost had a heart attack when I saw a strange man in the corridor.

"Hey, dad," Newt greeted.

Oh.

"Hey, kids- Ah, and you must be Thomas! I've heard a lot about you. I'm Benny." He shook my hand with much enthusiasm.

"Hey, good to meet you."

"Hey, boys. We're going over to your's for dinner, Tom. Your mom invited us she wanted to meet Benny and the kids." Kira said from the kitchen.

"Oh, alright. Should we just go there then?"

"Yeah, if you like. The girls are already there."

We headed upstairs so that Minho and Newt could leave their bags and then went over to my house where Teresa and Lizzy were playing x-box in the living room.

My mom emerged from the bathroom and went straight to meet Newt. After some brief introductions we went upstairs to my room.

"Sorry for the mess," I said while picking up some dirty socks from the floor.

"Nothing I haven't seen before," Minho stated.

I looked at him with a deadpan expression. "I was talking to Newt."

Minho just laughed and took over my bed, shortly after I sat down too.

"You can sit down, you know," Minho motioned to Newt and then to the bed beside me. He had been standing in the middle of the room for at least two minutes now.

He cleared his throat and sat beside me. "So, where's your dad?"

"He's sherif so he's not home a lot. You'll meet him at dinner." Minho answered for me, not turning his face away from his phone once.

"What are you looking at?" I asked him.

"Remember that fall break road trip we were talking about?"

"Yeah.."

"My grandma's got a house out in the country, she said we could use it if we like."

"Wait really?"

Minho, Teresa, Brenda and I have been talking about taking this road trip ever since freshman year, and now that Minho finally has his driver's license we can.

"Yeah. Hey, it was just gonna be us three and Bren but you and Lizzy should come too," Minho said to Newt. "And we should probably invite Frypan as well since Brenda will bring him anyways."

"Oh, uh yeah. I'll ask my dad. When is it?" Newt said.

"October 19th to 26th. Exactly one month from now." 

Sorry this chapter is kind of chaotic and all over the place.