Chapter seven

A/N: as you can tell my updates don't really have a routine, I just write when I feel like it lol. I was motivated so here's another chapter for you guys :)

~Thomas POV~

First thing on Tuesday morning, Mr. Vince comes up to our group as we walk into school and stops us.

"Thomas and Newt. Mrs. Paige wants to see you guys in her office. I'm not sure why but she sounded mad." He made an over exaggerated cringe face and patted me on the shoulder before whispering, "good luck." In my ear and leaving. I looked at newt and saw that his face face projected growing worry.

"Uh, see you guys later, I guess." I said to the rest of the group and made my way to the principal's office. Newt followed close behind.

"Shit. I knew we would get in trouble." He said.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have pressured you into it I'm such a dick."

He laughed and shook his head. "It's alright, Tommy, I had a great time. I don't regret any of it."

That made me smile and blush as I knocked on the door to Mrs. Paige's office. She tells us to come in and we walk in slowly, closing the door behind us. "Take a seat." She orders. We do. She didn't look mad, she looked disappointed.

God, I hate it when adults do that.

"Please explain to me why you boys weren't in class last period yesterday." She says, intertwining her fingers out in front of her and setting them on the table.

"Principal Paige, it's not Newt's fault. I took advantage of the fact that he was new, please don't punish him." I pleaded.

Mrs. Paige sighed. "I appreciate you taking responsibility, Thomas, but I'm sure Mr. Isaacs knows very well that skipping class is not acceptable."

"Sorry, miss. It won't happen again." Newt said.

"I hope not. Detention for both of you today after school." She said. "You may leave now, class will start soon."

We got up and walked out the door. I immediately started to apologise but Newt cut me off by putting his hand on my mouth. "Don't apologise, Tommy. I could have said no but I chose to skip with you. Plus, now we got to hand out." He said, dropping his hand and smiling at me. I blushed and we made our way to calculus. We walked in just as the bell rang and took our seats at the back of the class. Newt sat behind me.

~Newt POV~

I was sitting in calculus, listening to Ratman giving Gally lecture on how to behave in a classroom because he spoke, when he stopped and looked at the door where our guidance counsellor had just walked in. "Class, you have a new student, please make him feel welcome." She said before moving over to reveal the new student. I was halfway through drinking my water when I saw who stepped in.

Alby.

My eyes widened in horror and I spat my water out in front of me all over Tommy. He turned around and mouthed 'what the fuck?' while wiping at his neck with a disgusted face. I was too shocked to respond, my eyes still wide.

Alby walked in and made eye contact with me while smirking. He kept his stare until he got to the front of the class and introduced himself, then sat a few seats in front of Tommy.

Speaking of, he seemed to catch on. He turned to me, eyes wide in recognition. "Is that the Alby that you were talking to the other day?" I simply nodded. "Oh my g-"

"Edison!" Ratman yelled.

Tommy turned in his seat at the speed of light.

"Do you want another detention?" Ratman asked.

"No sir, I'm sorry." Tommy assured.

Ratman's glare stayed on Tommy for a second longer before he turned back around and continued lecturing Gally.

As soon as class ended I packed my stuff and speed walked out of the classroom after Alby. I saw Tommy following me. I found him by his locker and grabbed his shoulder, turning him around roughly. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

He smirked at me. "Hey, baby. Good to see you."

"Alby I'm not in the mood to play games. Don't fucking call me that and tell me what the bloody hell you're doing here." I said, not stuttering once and keeping a hard glare the entire time.

He shrugged and continued setting up his locker. "Mum sent me here to live with my uncle." He said it so casually it made me wanna punch him in the face.

"What, I'm supposed to believe that your mum just sent you here? What do you take me for, Alby?" Thomas was now by my side. Well, more kind of behind me, really.

"Who's this? Your new boyfriend? Wow, Newt, iv'e gotta say, you really downgraded." He said, looking Thomas up and down.

"Alby!" I screamed, and for a second he actually looked a bit scared. It quickly faded. "Tell me what on earth you're doing here." I said sternly, losing my temper by the second.

"Fine. I slept with our chemistry teacher. My mum found out and sued him, then sent me away to live with my uncle cos I disgusted her. Not my fault it just happened to be where you live." He said, again in that casual voice that made me wanna rip his head right off.

My face creased in half shock half disgust. "Mr. Wilson?" I asked. (A/N: if you get that reference I love you) He nodded and smirked, as if proud of it. I made a disgusted sound. "You make me sick. Stay the hell away from me and my friends, you understand?" I didn't let him answer and turned around. "C'mon, Tommy." I said, dragging him away by his wrist.

"I know you still love me!" Alby shouted across the corridor. I didn't turn around, just pulled up my middle finger and pointed it up at him. I heard him chuckle before I disappeared around the corner with Tommy by my side.

Thank you guys so much for 100+ reads!! I appreciate every read, comment and vote.