The pink cupcake

AN:So as you know this book is finished but you may request extra chapters for characters I haven't done.
If you have any request please put them at the end if the chapter.
Thanks

This chapter was requested by @0n0maly , Rose-the-raptor and HP_Always_THG

Before we start I feel that I need to explain myself and by that I mean explain the chapter name.
When you saw it you probably thought I was crazy (maybe one of the reasons why you clicked on the chapter too,idk) but we all know who I'm talking about...

Right?

Well its Effie.
She doesn't have a nickname in the books or films (actually her name is barely or not at all mentioned in the films) but I felt like she deserved one.

So here we are...
I don't really have an excuse for why I did that.
It just happened,it came to my mind and here we are.
Anyways I'm getting sidetracked.

Effie is a really interesting character,she goes from being a capital stuck up brat to understanding the capital isn't the dream it's made to be.

At the beginning of the book Effie isn't the best; she complains about her starved tribute's manners and about being an escort for district 12.
However in In Catching Fire she is devastated about Peeta and Katniss and tells them they both deserved so much better.
And helps them keep up a good appearance for the capitol.
By the end of Mockingjay she comes to appreciate the people of the rebellion and realises some of the capital's mistakes.
She lived and was raised in the capitol born to accept the capitol's torture yet she still grows to here reason.

Although Effie strongly believes in manners she still goes out of her way to try and make the tribute's trip enjoyable by showing them all the luxuries and trying to lighten the atmosphere.

Effie has loads of iconic moments,here are a few...

At the 74th hunger games reaping in the book Haymitch stumbled onto stage and hit Effie,he then passed out and fell off stage leaving Effie to stagger on stage with a crooked wig which she desperately tried to fix.

"That is mahogany!"

When she tries to teach Katniss how to sit and talk as well as walking in heals but she fails desperately.I know its not iconic but I find it funny.

These are just a few or her moments and I'm not going to name any more but otherwise we'd be here all night /day.

One thing that's different about Effie in the films is that she's much more present and takes care of Katniss and in the books this role is fulfilled by Fluvia ( a member of her prep team).
Personally I like this change but what do you think?

This is what Katniss said about Effie.

"Effie Trinket, District 12's escort, fresh from the Capitol with her scary white grin, pinkish hair and spring green suit."

Effie is an eccentric capitol citizen,she has a unique and flamboyant style,which we see throughout the series with her colourful outfits and wigs.

Effie can be described as oblivious because she doesn't realise what happens outside the capitol.She's very "proper and posh".She is a classic Capitol citizen with great manners and good fashion taste.

She's a perfectionist and extremely punctual,however, she is also known for being bright and bubbly at times..

She sees the Hunger Games as entertainment which she is very happy to participate in yet as the series progresses she comes to understand what they really are.

Effie is a really interresting character,she goes through so much growth and changes a lot throughout the books.
She goes from a stuck up brat to a kind open eyed individual which is why I'm going to give her a ...

6/10

I know it's only just above of half the points.
I like Effie but she isn't my favorite character and there are some better characters that are scored more harshly so that's the score.
Well at least for now.

AN: I just wanted to say that I had a very hard time deciding on the picture I would put of her.
What's your favorite outfit of hers?
Mine is her orange butterfly dress that she wore on the 75th hunger game's reaping.

Anyways that's it for today.
Don't forget to give me your opinions in the comments.
I hope you enjoyed :)

-> Put your request here if you have any <-