levicorpus

*authors note*

I know this whole thing happens in the fifth year but making the characters fifteen felt weird so I am pretending this happened in their sixth year. I hope no one gets too upset over my little change but I wanted to work this into my story as it is one of the few solid things we know that happened with the marauders. Anyways enjoy chapter six!

October 10th, 1976

-Adelaide-

The past weeks have been filled with flirtatious compliments and innuendos, all harmless but flustering nonetheless. Adelaide was not sure what caused Sirius to go from the occasional suggestive comments to full-fledge blush-inducing flirting but she wasn't going to complain. It wasn't until James pointed out that Sirius hadn't sent any swoon-worthy smirks at his fan club that Adie realized he hadn't gotten more flirtatious with everyone, it was just towards her. This small fact has been taking over her mind. Marlene's words were repeated on loop in her head more than she'd care to admit. So there she was, sitting on the grassy ground by the lake, attempting to read a muggle book Lily gave her but failing due to the nagging thoughts of her best friend running through her brain. 

'Sirius looks at you as if you put the stars in the sky' Marlene had said... Is it possible after all this time he would feel the same?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a smug-looking grease ball calling to her. "Well if it isn't the blood traitor princess. herself." 

Severus Snape, Lily's childhood friend and one of the most insufferable people she's ever met. She spent the first few years at Hogwarts sympathizing with him due to James and Sirius's relentless obsession with making sure he was miserable for their own entertainment. Her pity stopped when he called her a blood traitor slag about 7 months ago, during the second semester of their fifth year. This incident not only made the male marauder's bullying increase but Adie no longer tried to intervene, much to Sirius's pleasure. 

"What do you want Snape, I was having quite the peaceful afternoon before you came to ruin it, so if you don't mind I'll be leaving now," the blonde states coldly as she collects her things and stands up. 

The boy smirked "Here all alone, did the boys get tired of you, or have you just run out of options to entertain yourself with. Might want to start repeating, soon there won't be anyone in this school you haven't fucked." He had started harassing her during their fifth year, convinced she was behind Lily spending far less time with him. In reality, the red-head had simply found better company. 

"Big talk coming from a virgin," Adelaide replied swiftly trying not to let her voice crack. She would not let his words affect her, especially since there wasn't much truth to them. She turns to walk away but Snape grabs her wrist aggressively and forces her to face him. 

"You little slut, you think you're so great. You're not, you're a bitch that can't get anyone to love her so she just attaches herself to any living thing within reach,"  he growled as he held his wand to her throat.

Suddenly, before the Slytherin could even begin his hex, his wand shot out of his hand and hit the ground a few feet away.

"Expelliarmus."

Adelaide looked over to see James Potter followed by the rest of the marauders walking over to them. To say they looked pissed would be an understatement. 

"Now Snivellous didn't anyone ever tell you to never speak to a lady like that." Sirius sneered, beyond enraged the boy had ever laid a hand on his Adelaide not to mention spoke to her in that manner. 

Severus released Adelaide's arm and took a few steps back, anxiously watching the angry Gryffindors. Remus immediately went to her side, gently pulling her away to make sure she was out of harm's reach. Once he noticed the beginning of a bruise forming on her wrist surrounded by four crescent shapes that were now crimson with blood where the Slytherin's nails had gone deep into her skin, he growled out the words that made Sirius see red.