a boat load of plans

December 11th, 1976

-Sirius-

Sirius cleared his throat and stood upon his bed, "I'm sure you know why I have gathered you all here today."

Peter shot him an unimpressed look, "You didn't gather us here. We live here." 

James and Remus nodded their heads in agreement, the latter with an annoyed expression.

Despite the boys' decision to forgive Sirius for his actions, the werewolf was still more irritable around the eldest Black. 

Sirius sighed dramatically, "Yeah well... whatever. I am requesting that you three, my wonderful dormmates, my best friends, mes amies..."

"Get to the point Pads." James cut off. 

"I need your help earning my way back into Ads good graces." 

Remus scoffed, "How are we supposed to help you with that?'

Sirius took a deep breath, "I don't know, okay? I just... I miss her."

"She was with us at dinner? You literally saw her an hour ago. She talked to you and everything" Peter pointed out.

"I didn't mean I miss her like I haven't seen her in days, I mean I miss being with her. I miss what we had, what I fucked up." Sirius said defeated as he moved to sit on the edge of his bed.

"I'll help, you know I will. We can brainstorm ideas." James replied, patting his friend on the knee while Peter nodded in agreement.

"Have you even attempted this by yourself? Have you done anything?" Remus piped up, obviously less willing to help. Sirius made his bed and the Lupin boy didn't think he had spent nearly enough time lying in it.

"Well, I've stayed away from the majority of the female population, straight or not, and told Bones I could no longer be her date."

Peter snorted, "I'm sure that went over well."

Sirius grimaced at the memory, "She wasn't too happy but said she had a new date in mind so I'm not too worried."

Remus sighed, "Well good but Pads I'm not sure how you expect us to help you. You just have to show her you're serious about being with her... don't even make the joke."

Sirius and James both closed their mouths. 

"Come on, you've been saying for years that no one can resist the Sirius Black charm," Peter added hopefully.

"No. I got into this mess because I treated her like all the girls before her. I need to prove to her that I think of her as more than just a conquest. I don't want her to just be another name I add to my list... I want her to be the last." Sirius said as he met the eyes of all his friends. Hoping that staring into their eyes would make them realize how serious he was about her.

Remus nodded his head, "Alright... fine. I'll help too."

A smile broke out on Sirius's face as he tackled the werewolf to the floor in a hug. James and Peter soon jumped on top of the two and the embrace turned into a half group hug, half dog pile. 

Remus broke away from the other boys and looked at Sirius, "If this is going to work you have to commit to this. I want James to Lily level commitment... without the obsessive tendencies."

"Hey!"

"I can do that!"

Sirius and James replied at the same time.