Lose Yourself (Find Yourself)

lmfao why do i never update

~ anna

p.s. i know that i say this every time but i'll try to update sooner! my family has been going through some rough times lately because of covid so mentally i haven't been in a good place, but i'll try to keep you guys posted :)

also, have you guys read unlocked? lmk what you think of it! to be honest, i really liked the story part but the rest just felt unnecessary, and i wasn't really a fan. i wish she gave us a whole book of keefe's pov lol.

 i wish she gave us a whole book of keefe's pov lol

Keefe:

Logically, I shouldn't know where I'm going. I have no clue where Sophie is, and I'm not a Telepath either, so I shouldn't know where to start, either. And yet, as the light fades around me, revealing a new place, I realize that I can see Sophie only a few meters ahead.

I mean, I've never believed in true love. My parents were quick to discourage that as a child, and they always made sure to drill into me that such ideas were beneath our "status." But this doesn't feel like a coincidence. This feels like fate.

"Sophie?" I ask tentatively, taking a step closer to her. The wind picks up, whipping her hair across her face. She's facing away from me, her hands curled into fists and her shoulders hunched. She flinches slightly, curling further in on herself once she hears my voice. "Are you okay?" I press further, stepping cautiously around the rubble. What did she do to this place...?

"Don't-" she starts, flinching away when I reach out to touch her shoulder. "Don't touch me. I can't - I won't - please - "

"Sophie," I whisper. "I didn't mean to hurt you." I open my mouth to say more, but she cuts me off with a voice so quiet I have to strain to hear, and yet so loud it stills the wind and cuts deep to my very soul.

"I know - " she says brokenly, still refusing to turn around. She hugs herself, her fingernails biting into her arms. "I just, I just can't, Keefe. Not right now."

"I didn't mean it," I plead. "Sophie. Don't hurt yourself," I add, reaching out and grabbing her hands before she can break the skin. She rips her hands away, finally spinning around to face me. And oh. Oh, Sophie. What have you done to yourself?

Her eyes are dark and deadened, and her hair falls limp before the wind whips it to the side. She looks defeated, more so than I've ever seen her, and I don't know why I have this much effect on her. I shouldn't, because she's stronger than this - she's more than this. She is so much stronger than she believes.

"How can I stop hurting, Keefe? I hurt everything. Everyone that I love is going to die because of me. Because I can't stop it. I can't save them all. And it's all my fault!" Sophie clutches her skull, looking to all the world like she might rip her hair out. "I can't do it, Keefe. Not anymore." And all at once, it's like the fight leaves her. She slumps to the ground, her hands falling. I stumble forward to catch them. "I can't. Don't make me. I don't want to."