11K SPECIAL! Favian and Ciarán: Lost in the Woods

Alright, we got to 11k! technically, this was supposed to be the 10k special, but who cares?.. Woot... we're so amazing...

thank you ALL for reading this story, you're amazing!

and how did we gain 4,000 reads in two chapters? thank you all AGAIN

~Anna

*katlyn, sTILL mumbling*

we'refinallyat11kthankyouall

~Katlyn

November 5th, Approximately 1 Year Ago, Alternate Universe, Late Afternoon

Favian:

I'm starting to think the universe hates me. First, I woke up to a bucket of ice water in the face. (Thanks a lot, Naomi.) Then, Mom wanted to buy me a suit - I hate suits. (They pinch at the shoulders.) Next, the Leapmaster malfunctioned when I was going to Foxfire, and I was stuck in the middle of nowhere with no way out.

How was I even here? I was fairly sure the Leapmaster didn't have a crystal that would leap you to the center of a creepy forest - that was the sort of thing that happened in every horror movie Malik had forced me to watch. Naturally, next a vampire was going to walk out of the trees and try to kill me.

Alright, so that was supposed to be sarcastic. But explain to me exactly why this happened:

A boy with a pale face and dark hair stepped into the light, wincing as though it burned him. Holy crap, I think Edward Cullen just hijacked my trip to Foxfire. (Naomi forced me through approximately 10 hours of pure torture in the form of Twilight.) If that wasn't proof that the universe hated me, I don't know what is.

Okay, so vampires don't technically exist. But this boy was probably the closest thing to what I've imagined a vampire would look like, plus he looked like he was sparkling in the sun. Which is a totally false fact about vampires, by the way, because if vampires existed, they'd go up in flames on the spot.

It's also a generally accepted fact that vampires can't see their own reflection, and that they sleep in coffins and can turn into bats. So, if that was actually the case, then why was the vampire-boy staring into the lake, like he could see himself?

(And where's the coffin?)

(And why isn't he turning into a bat?)

(If vampires have super-hearing and x-ray vision, why hadn't he spotted me yet?)

So he wasn't a vampire. Naomi would be so disappointed when I told her I met a vampire-boy in the woods and didn't tie him up and kidnap him. She was a strange child, but we loved her all the same.

His head whipped up. So maybe he did hear me, which didn't totally rule out my "he's-a-vampire" theory. He started to walk over here, and I got a good glimpse of his face.