You Have Been Cordially Invited

alright. so like... last chapter i said to someone we were trying to stick to a new update schedule?? we would update on the 28th of every month??? and i've already broken that????

haha i'm a great person 💞

so anyways... enjoy this tea ☕☕☕

~anna, the constant breaker of update schedules

*STiLl mUMbLinG*

ilOvEfriEs

~katlyn

Hi so this is Ari typing so hi :)

July 26th, Alternate Universe, Mid-Afternoon

Sophie:

"Keefe, we've got mail!" I shouted down the hall, clutching an ivory-white envelope in my fist.

Keefe poked his head out of the door to my left, his face still dripping from his shower. "Yeah, Sencen?"

"Don't call me that," I snapped, then blushed and twirled my hair. "And put some clothes on, I'm not talking to you while you're only wearing a towel."

"You're in a bad mood," noted Keefe, walking past me and leaving a trail of wet footprints. "Did Naomi throw up on you again?"

I glared at his back, wishing that my eyes could shoot daggers.

Five minutes later, Keefe walked out of our room, drying his hair. "So what's in the envelope?"

"I don't know," I said condescendingly. "I haven't opened it yet, because I choose to participate in the practice of common courtesy."

"I swear, I don't say 'thank you' one time - " muttered Keefe underneath his breath, until he caught me death-glaring his way.

I opened the letter, reading the golden ink words. "'Along with your families, Jensi Babblos and Bex Dizznee request the presence of you company at their wedding ceremony on Tuesday, July 28th at 7 o'clock in the evening at The Gloaming Valley, reception to follow.'"

"Holy crap. I did not see that couple coming," said Keefe, voicing my thoughts but in a much ruder manner.

I turned to glare at him. "You could be a little nicer about it, you know."

Keefe rested his chin on my head, reading the letter over my shoulder and causing me to blush (against my will.) "Yeah, but what's the fun in that? Wow, they sound so fancy. I'm surprised, the Bex Dizznee I know would have sent a crayon-covered letter. If she even sent a letter at all and didn't just kidnap you."

"This isn't our universe," I reminded him. "So? Are we going or not?"

"Of course we're going. I'm not passing up the chance to get good food," said Keefe after very little debate over the matter.