Chapter 26: The Wicked Manipulator

The nightfall’s curtains spread in the vicinity, the resting cricket’s lullaby and hush of the wind conquered the deafening silence. As the rule-breakers eyes glimmered with the notion of belief and determination, the group once again decided to part for the meantime in order to save both God of the Wild and Hephaestus’ son. And without their leader, Alyssa led the group.

She ought to protect and guide them with her blessed eyes. Alyssa heaved a sigh as she watches the silhouettes’ of the rule-breakers, who were headed towards Kronos, and as they vanished from her sight, her glistening golden eyes shifted to Freya, whom she was eager to talk to.

Alyssa never wanted to hurt a friend nor be a burden to blossoming bond, but all she wanted was to save the person who acknowledged her worth. All that was left in Greenwood Haven was Freya and her, while Alexis was in search of a way to contact her mother in the manor.

“Freya,” Alyssa called. Her eyes leisurely softened when she met her mellow lilac eyes, it was tired, yet it was filled contentment and happiness, “I—I have to—to… I have to tell you something.” As her voice cracked, Freya knew that there was something wrong.

“Alyssa… Do we have a problem?”

Alyssa frustratingly bit her lip and shut her eyes forcefully, “Garet… You…” even though her lips were trembling endlessly, she slowly conquered it by opening her eyes. As she looked straight into Freya’s eyes, the determination to save the king vessel overtook her whole, “Your feelings… Don’t pour emotions towards Glifford.”

“D—Do you have feelings—”

“I don’t.”

“Kung gano’n pala, bakit?”

“You are the reason why Garet’s life is in grave danger.” Alyssa’s words were blunt and bitter, and with Freya being corrupted with anger, she sardonically looked at her friend along with a grimace plastered in her face.

“Hindi ko alam kung bakit ka ganyan—”

“A fucking damsel! Hindi mo ba alam kung sino ka sa buhay ni Garet? His own servitour doesn’t know her place! You are Garet’s servitour, dumbass!”

“I don’t believe you—”

Alyssa’s temper arises while gritting her teeth. All of a sudden, the eeriness filled the vicinity as the particles of the living things around the Greenwood Haven gathered around Alyssa; with every particle which possesses the shades of the primitive colors turning into speckles of gold as they fill Alyssa with ominous energy. Freya was stunned. It was her first time to witness such an enchanting yet deadly view.

“Alyssa! Stop!” Freya shouted. Her eyes widened as she witnesses the magnificent manor was turning into a lifeless cave; she felt guilt, especially that it was her friend who was draining the life within the vicinity.

And when Freya was about to call for her friend again, she noticed something on her hand. It was a tangled silver string. Words failed to come out of her mouth, yet her tears did. And as she followed the trail of the silver string, the end was tangled to their king vessel. But what caught her attention was the burned part of it, as if it was supposed to be cut, yet somehow it detaches for some reason.

“Hindi mo pa rin gets?” Hindi nagawang lingunin ni Freya o ‘di kaya’y tugunan ang tanong ni Alyssa. Nanatili pa rin ang mga mata niyang nakamasid sa lalaking nakahimlay sa gilid.

Nang dahan-dahan na luminginon si Freya kay Alyssa, napansin niya ang paglalaho ng pilak na tali. Tiyak at sigurado siyang si Alyssa ang dahilan kung bakit n’ya nasilayan ang bagay na hindi niya dapat nakikita. Isang yakap ang ginawang tugon ni Freya kay Alyssa hanggang sa tuluyan na silang nabalot nang pagtatangis nito.