Chapter 12: Sea of Winternym

The door suddenly opened as I was about to ask Alendis about the servitour and king vessel relationship. But due to the sudden arrival of my other companions, I decided to remain silent. Another pair of crystal blue eyes glimmered while she looked at me until her gaze landed on Alendis.

"You told him?" Artemis asked Alendis while referring to me.

Dahan-dahan akong naglakad patungo sa malaking salamin kung saan tanaw ang kaharian ng Cerulean maging ang pinagmamalaking anyong tubig nila. The Sea of Winternym sure is peculiar and magical at the same time. Even the Cerulean Kingdom's temperature was below zero, and the sea remains calm and warm as if it was never part of it.

I saw Alendis nodding at the side of my eye, "Pero hindi lahat makakasama. Garet must pick one person to be with his ally because I want Sophia to be with me at the battle," Alendis said. I can't help but smirk upon seeing Savannah's disheartened reaction.

"Garet, don't pick Artemis," Alyssa abruptly said, "If that prince is with his mother baka buong dagat na ang mag-yelo,"

Nagtatawa kong nilingon si Alyssa ngunit bago ko pa mahampas ang kaniyang ulo ay mabilis siyang umiwas at tumago sa likod ni Glifford, "You shouldn't disrespect Artemis. She's still a goddess-"

"No, I'm cool with it," Artemis interrupted.

"Yup, disrespect her more. Hindi dapat ni-rerespeto ang mga d'yos na 'yan," Dark commented. Kahit talaga kailan ay sisingit ng isang 'to ang pangbabash niya sa mga d'yos at d'yosa.

"Pick, Garet," Alendis commanded.

I roamed my sight and looked for Savannah, who was near the door. She was acting distant, especially that Alendis is here. Hindi ko alam kung anong mayroon sa kanila ngunit masyado silang pa-teenager sa ginagawa nila. Mga pabebe, amputa.

"Do you want to join me?" I asked Savannah.

Saglit siyang tumingin sa mga mata as if she was being hesitant, her eyes drifted at my back while I was still looking at her. Tiyak akong sinisilip n'ya ang reaksyon ni Alendis. Bwisit na mga pabebe.

"Why not?" She awkwardly whispered.

Muli akong pumaling kay Alendis sabay kibitbalikat. He was looking at Savannah uninterestedly, "I have my partner," I announced.

"Oh," Artemis mumbled as if she was watching an entertaining show.

"In the first place, bakit nando'n ang kapatid ni Savannah?" Emerald asked. I quizzically looked at her dahil kakasabi lamang iyon sa akin ni Alendis. Mabilis na kumubra sa mga labi ni Emerald ang isang ngisi kasunod nito ang isang mayabang na kibitbalikat, "Nasa labas kami noong nag-chichikahan kayo,"

Alendis suddenly stiffened. He nervously closed his widened eyes as if he was guilty about something, "May dapat ba kaming hindi marinig?" Freya asked, which made me smirk.

Nasisiyahan ako habang nakikita ang kabadong mukha ni Alendis. I shrugged and looked at Alendis, "Wala naman siguro 'di ba, Alendis?"

Alendis wryly smiled while glaring at me.

"Y - Yeah..." He answered in a shallow voice. Muli niyang inayos ang sarili n'ya na tila isa siyang malamig na bato at lumingon kay Emerald, "To answer your question... He wanted to know if the Stone of Aquarie will show itself even if he's not a king vessel,"

Napangiwi ako nang makita ko ang pagkislap ng mga mata ni Dark, "Me! Me! Sama me!" He voluntarily said.

"No,"

"Damot," He leered at me.

"Then, the four of you should be careful, especially that you're battling Erebus inside a cave," Alexis languidly said. Pare-parehas kami lumingon sa direksyon n'ya ngunit tila wala na siyng balak pang dagdagan ang kanyang sinabi.

"What are you talking about?" Sophia asked.

"The darker the place, the more powerful he is,"

She languidly left the room. Hindi ko alam kung bakit hindi ko mapigilan ang ngiti ko. Dahil ba sinabihan n'ya kaming mag-ingat? Pakiramdam ko, ako lang talaga 'yung sinabihan niya.

Lumabas din ako katulad ni Alexis. Hindi naman s'ya ganoong kalayo kaya't dahan-dahan lamang akong sumunod sa kanya. Alexis has this overpowering aura, which can threaten anyone. And it seems that she is effortlessly releasing it, hindi ko nga rin alam kung aware ba s'ya na ganoon siya.

The wintry breeze welcomed us when we reached the Sea of Winternym. The crystallized sands possessed the shades of the sky, which can be compared to the sands of Loveiridge Island. And the most fascinating in my façade was the sea itself, it looks so warm even though the temperature of the Kingdom is below zero.

"Lockser," Alexis mumbled.

"Yes, Mrs. Lockser?" I joked.

"You wish,"

Bigla na lamang siyang lumingon sa akin. Her pale cinnamon eyes looks softer than the usual, "Anong problema?" I worriedly asked.

Dahan-dahan niyang pinikit ang mga n'ya, at ang kakaibang buhok n'ya ay humaharang sa maganda niyang mukha dahil sa hangin.

I gently held her face and pinned her hair at the back of her ear, "What's wrong, Alexis?" I whispered.

She frustratingly bit her lower lip, "She's here,"

"Athena?"

"Yes, I can feel her,"

I heaved a sigh and gently pulled her to my body. She was not moving. Pinababayaan n'ya ako na yakapin lamang siya. I gently caress her hair as I softly kissed her head, "I don't know how she became your mother, but that heaviness in your chest will be removed once you have forgiven her,"

"Will you still chase me once you know the truth?"

"I will never stop chasing you, Alexis. Mark my words,"

"Ingat kayo, guys, mamimiss ko kayo," Alyssa said while waving her hand. I raised my middle finger at her kagaya nang nakikita kong ginagawa n'ya minsan dahilan upang tumawa siya, "Pero kidding aside. You must protect each other kahit 'wag na 'yung stone -"

"Anong kahit 'wag na 'yung stone?!" Dark exclaimed.

"Ikaw lang naman ang may gusting kumpletuhin 'yung bato..." Freya whispered. Glifford immediately covered her mouth and wryly smiled, "Si Alyssa 'yun, hindi si Freya," Glifford said and pulled Freya somewhere along with Venyr.

May lovelife na ang bestfriend ko. I'm naiiyak.

Naiiling akong tumalikod sa kanila nang tawagin ako ni Alendis. Artemis was waiting for us, and when we arrived in her direction, she suddenly stamped her feet, and the whole Sea of Winternym freezes like it was water from a small basin.

"Five minutes," Artemis whispered.

Parehas kaming hinigit nina Alendis at Sophia pagkatapos umimik ni Artemis. We slid to the floor of ice until we reached the middle of the sea where the spikey looking island was located. After the allotted time given by Artemis, the foundation made from ice vanished and became a speck of dust.

And the water of the sea embraces us with its warmth.

#