Chapter 49: The Last Chase

“Free the woman in the fountain…”

My eyes drifted to Artemis; the glint of happiness within my chest is still overwhelming. I can’t smile nor cry. All I did was watch all of them as they brainstormed ideas in order to pull Alexis out of the fountain. I glanced towards Sky, he was worried about Aicelyn’s current situation, but he knew he couldn’t undo it.

“Tita Freya… remember when you told us how Intelectix works? Alexis can collect data and transfer it to others, right? Does Intelectix has a holographic screen or—”

“Yes, Light. It has a holographic screen,” Freya answered.

Light smirked and meaningfully looked at all of us. “Recently, a holographic screen appeared in front of us. And it says ‘to undo the curse, you need time’ so… I thought if the hourglass is the key that could help her get out.”

“The hourglass is in the academy… inside the office,” I mumbled.

“Sky, may problema ka ba?” Tanong ni Aizelle dahilan upang matuon ang atensyon namin kay Skyler.

Nagtatakha siyang nakatingala sa kanyang uluhan, tila ba may nakikita na hindi naming nakikita. Dahan-dahan niyang tinuro ang itaas niya habang lukot na lukot ang kanyang mukha. “Nakikita niyo ba ‘yan?”

“We can’t,” sago ko.

“May oras… an hour. I think it’s connected to what’s happening right now.” Tumingin siya sa direksyon ni Aicelyn at wala sa asriling kinagat ang kanyang labi.

Buntong-hininga akong lumapit sa kanya at tinapik ang kanyang balikat. “Let’s split into groups. Sue will remain with us, we will watch Aicelyn. Sky, because you can see the timer, I think you’re the one who can stop the curse using the ‘time.’ Bring Light, Phoenix, and Aizelle with you.”

“How about us?” Aizen asked.

I meaningfully looked at Glifford. He cleared his throat. “Riley will lead your group. The three of you will travel to the Underworld. You must stop the Reapers and Titans.”

“The time is ticking…”

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Time swiftly passed by as Aicelyn slowly woke up from her deep slumber. She gradually roamed her sight around, feeling confused and dazed about what was happening right now. Sue immediately went to her side, checking if she was finally okay.

But looking at her, the pale hues of her skin faded, an indication that Skyler… got her out of the Fountain of Prophecy.

“Ice, masakit ba ang ulo mo? Tell me,” tanong ni Sue.

Umiling naman si Aicelyn bilang tugon. At bago pa may makapagsalitang muli sa amin, bigla na lamang lumitaw sa aming harapan si Aizen. Hindi maintindihan ang lukot na lukot niyang mukha.

“Aizen!”

Dahan-dahan akong lumapit sa kanya’t tinapik ang kanyang balikat. Ang malamlam niyang mga mata ay tumama sa akin. “What happened, Aizen?”

“I… we lost…” his voice cracked. I once again roamed my sight, no sign of Serena nor Riley.

Iniwasan niya ang mga mata ko dahilan upang magtama ang mga mata nila ni Aicelyn. Muli kong tinapik ang kanyang balikat upang kumpirmahin ang hinala ko’t nagsalita. “Where is Serena? Riley?” tanong ko.

Along with a long sigh, his tears suddenly fell, releasing all the exhaustion and the pang within his chest.

“Riley is a… he is a double agent,” he whispered.