Epilogue

Life was never perfect. For humans, demigods nor even gods, downs were always constants than their ups. But, it must go on because the world will never cease even if you are on the edge of the earth, dying or even seeking for some you longed for.

And even if you think you are at the end. Think again, as long as you breathe, just like the chaos, we are born to create an unending path for us and for the beings around us. But, in this endless road, each path has its delight and sorrow. Yet, all those sadness can always be lifted by happiness.

“Hey…” She whispered, embracing me tightly as if she was afraid that I would leave her side. “Don’t leave…”

“I won’t…” I kissed her forehead. I roamed my sight around, a delighted smile slowly curved in my lips while looking at our sons.

Sky and Bleu.

“Garet…”

“Hmm?”

“I’m happy… especially that, Sky is now at peace.” Mas lalo niyang hinigpitan ang yakap niya sa akin dahilan upang guluhin ko ang buhok niya.

Ilang buwan na rin simula nang matapos namin pabagsakin si Satan, kung ang nakikita ni Alexis ay ang mga ngiti ng anak niya. Iba ang sa akin, nakikita ko ang lungkot sa mga mata ni Sky tuwing makikita niya ang ibang demigods na kasama ang mga pegasus nila. Masakit para sa akin ang pagkawala ni Simone pero alam kong mas nasasaktan siya dahil bata pa lamang siya ay kasama niya na ito.

Pero alam kong matatag si Sky, nandito ang mga kaibigan niya, nakabalik na rin si Aicelyn. At kinakailangan din nilang maghanda dahil ang pinakamabagsik na bagyo ay malapit nang rumagasa.

“Dad!” Parehas naming nilingon ang magkapatid na nagtatalo. “Si uya ayaw ako kayayo!”

Hindi ko rin alam kung bakit ang pang-asar nito si Sky e. Tumawa nang malakas si Sky dahilan upang bumusangot lalo si Bleu, nagulat na lamang kami ni Alexis nang biglaang mag-yelo ang bibig ni Sky kasabay nito ang pagtakbo ni Bleu sa gilid.

“Ate Ayt!” Bleu suddenly jumped in Aicelyn’s arms, making Sky pouted after the ice in his mouth melted. “Ate Ayt, ayabyu!”

Ice smiled and kissed Bleu’s cheeks. “I love you, too.”

“Sky niyo ‘di na great! Bleu the Great na tayo!” Pailing-iling akong tumayo sa puwesto ko nang marinig ko ang malakas na boses ni Phoenix kasunod noon ang sunod-sunod na pagdating ng bagong Primus.

“Kukuha lang akong miryenda para sa makakapal na mukhang mga bisita—”

“Ako na,” pagputol ni Alexis sa sinasabi ko. “Bleu, come here. Daddy, Sky and his friends will be talking about something…”

“Otay!”

After Alexis and Bleu left, the frisky aura around slowly disappeared. I cleared my throat and gestured them to sat down. After the disappearance of the gods, their roles as the children of divinity continue.

“Where is Night, Aizen?” I asked.

Aizen shrugged and looked around. All of a sudden, he appeared, running from the direction of the kitchen with a cookie in his mouth.

“Sorry, Master Garet. Ginayuma ako nina Tita Alexis,” aniya habang ngumunguya.

Light squinted his eyes. “Hindi ka naman inuto ni Ate. Matakaw ka lang talaga, hindi ba kayo nakiki-creepyhan may pagala-galang multo?”

“Shut up, lalaking palaging basted. Mas creepy ‘yong patay na si Satan pero basted ka pa rin.”

Muli akong tumikhim upang hindi mapunta sa sirang bahay ang usapan nila. Kakaiba mag-bonding ang mga demigods ngayon, nakakasira ng cabin at bahay. Nakakailang renovate na ba ako sa cabin ng Primus?

“Light… may aloe vera ako sa bag. Gusto mo ba?” Sinamaan ko ng tingin si Xian dahilan upang tumahimim siya.

“The disappearance of the gods is still an unanswerable event for all of us, especially to the kingdoms they all left,” I stated. And with my only clue was Zeus’s riddles, I could never lead this group. “But with the oracles’ last prophecy, thirteen candidates will rise to be the heirs of the thrones of the gods.”

“1… 2… 12 lang kami, Master!” Pag-imik ni Phoenix.

“Bakit ba naging king vessel ko ang bobong ‘to?” Bulong ni Aizelle sa sarili niya.

“You are so bobo talaga, Phoenix. I want to slap my brain to you so that you can be matalino like me,” sambit ni Serena.

Celine suddenly smirked. “Why are you going to sampal your brain to him? Phoenix is bobo na nga and you are going make him conyo pa.”

Once again, I cleared my throat, much louder than before. “Please lang, h’wag kayong mag-asaran sa bahay ko. Ayokong masira ang bahay ko katulad ng ginagawa niyo sa cabin niyo.”

“Sorry po…”

“And with Phoenix—”

“Stating an obvious fact.” Alexis interrupted. Ang epal, jusko po. “Tulog na si Bleu sa taas, h’wag ka nang umimik, Garet.”

She suddenly cleared her throat, making me grimace at her. She cast her Intelectix, dividing the Primus into groups. A plan that I’ve told her about yesterday. Mang-aagawa ng spotlight!

╔.▪️.═════════╗
Aicelyn
Aizen
Night
Phoenix
Xian
Light
╚═════════.▪️.╝

“Light will be leading the first group,” I said, stealing the chance from Alexis’s monologue. “You are going to the Realm of the Mortals to fetch the thirteenth candidate.”

“Wait…” Xian mumbled. “Is she…”

Alexis smirked. “Yes. Sapphire Mendoza is the thirteenth candidate.”

“Paano kami?” Nakabusangot ni Sky. Sinilip ko si Alexis na bahagyang natatawa, naiisip ko pa lamang ay natatawa na agad ako.

“Stand-by—”

“Bakit?! Ako ang number 1 sa Primus tapos stand-by lang ako! Unang pangalan pa ‘yong kulelat sa section namin!”

Aicelyn scoffed. “At least kasama ako sa mission.”

“For all I know… you are just throwing tantrums dahil magkasama sina Ice at Aizen,” pagsabat ni Sue.

“I agree,” Riley commented.

“Ang kapal ng mukhang mag-comment. Affected ka rin naman kay Aizen,” banat naman ni Celine.

And before I could witness a disaster, Alexis suddenly imprisoned them in a cube of holographic screens, making all of them shut up. I nervously laughed when Alexis’s menacing aura slowly devoured the vicinity, as if the stillness she wanted to be contained disappeared because of the youngsters.

“I will kill all of you once Bleu wakes up because of your rowdiness,” Alexis mumbled.

And before she could actually kill them, I pulled her away from the living room. Her vicious aura slowly faded upon reaching the kitchen, wherein I put a tiny cookie in her to calm her down.

“Do you know why I stop chasing you?” I asked.

“Because I married you.”

I softly chuckled. “Wrong…” I slowly leaned at her and kissed her forehead.

“Then why, Lockser?”

I slowly lifted her chin and seized the moment. With the sudden caress of bliss, I stole her attention, along with her entire system, as I slowly explored her lips. She smiled in between our exploration and slowly wrapped her arms around my neck.

“Because you just became a part of my newfound dream, Mrs. Lockser.”

“Hmm?”

And now, I am chasing my newfound adventure, my family, and this endless journey would never grow tired of me, for they are my sanctity, my never-ending voyage.

#

END OF BOOK THREE OF DEMIGODS SERIES