Chapter 28: The Mighty Spriggan

I heaved a sigh as I looked down to the king of the Kins. I can feel Freya’s magic within me, circulating throughout my veins. And with the amount of power inside of me, I am overly confident that I can put this mess to an end. As I flapped my wings, I gradually plummet down while looking straight into Satan’s crimson eyes.

“Garet…” I heard Savannah called.

And with the use of Freya’s magical dust, I pulled Alendis and the others out of the way. Among the rule-breakers, I am the one with the most magic left within, especially that most of them are drained during the fight with Kronos. Both Alendis and Emerald gave me a puzzled looked, making me shrugged at them.

All of a sudden, Sophia jumped out of Glifford’s and weakly went in my direction. I was to question her when she abruptly cast a peculiar brilliance in my forehead, she smirked and said, “I can feel that you wanted this to be your spotlight…”

“The divine protection of the Seraphim,” Freya mumbled inside.

Now that Freya is within me, I know that she felt her mother and I’s connection. As well as the sudden upsurge of her power as the crown was indirectly passed down to her because her mother gave me life in exchange for her daughter’s mistake.

Lumipad ako palabas sa force shield ni Sophia, nang balakin nina Emerald na muling umalis sa loob nito ay pinalibutan ko sila ng asul na apoy upang pigilan sila. Ayokong may mawala sa kanila lalo na’t ramdam ko kung gaano na lamang kahina ang enerhiyang dumadaloy sa katawan nila.

“Garet… Bakit gano’n ka magsalita kay Alexis—”

“H’wag na natin munang pag-usapan ang bagay na ‘yon, Freya. Prayoridad natin na iligtas si Marina at ang anak nito,”

Hindi na umimik pa si Freya. Nang magtama ang mata namin ni Satan, sa isang iglap lamang ay nasa harapan n’ya na ako. Gulat ang mga mata n’ya maging ang mga kasama niya dahilan upang ngisian ko lamang sila.

Sa isang kumpas ng aking espada ay agad na nasugatan ang pisnge ni Satan. Puno ng galit at poot itong tumingin sa akin kasabay nito ang pagkawala ng isang nakasusulasok at mabigat na awra, nang sinilip ko ang ibang kasama sa gilid ng aking mga mata ay napansin ko ang pagsugod sa akin ni Mammon.

Ang mga magical dust ni Freya ay nagsilbing isang pangga na s’yang nasugod ni Mammon. Naging abo ang mga ito dahil sa pagnanakaw ni Mammon sa mahikang tinataglay nito. Nang marinig ko ang maninipis na tunog ng sinulid ay ginala ko ang aking paningin hanggang sa sinunog ko ang mga ito.

Nakangisi akong lumipad taas ng mga Kins, “Anong pakiramdam maging mahina?”

“Don’t think highly of yourself, Lowly being!” Satan roared.

He screamed in agony along with the other three. And beneath their feet, a crimson magic circle appeared. The shadows started to strike towards my direction and with just a snap, they were suddenly devoured by my flames.

As the Kins started to transform, their little horns gradually rose along with their sunken pit eyes.

“Their magic multiplied…” Freya mumbled.

Mammon charged towards me which I simply avoided. A thread was helping him to move in the mid-air, making me smirk more.

“Lockser! Lockser! Lockser!” Mammon maniacally mumbled.

With every strike he exerts, I was just simply avoiding it. And when I felt Freya’s eagerness to launch an attack, I smiled.

The flame of tranquility gleamed to the sword as I lunged it to Mammon. He managed to avoid it, but he was not my target. His eyes automatically widened, when he noticed that I cut through Asmodeus’s thread. I immediately flew to Mammon’s direction and kicked him to his stomach, making him covered in flames.