Chapter 41: Ordeal of the Sea

The deafening silence was eradicated by the sounds of the swords, clashing and manifesting their strength just like their wielders. An angry hissed escape Poseidon’s mouth as the mighty springgan in front of him was soaring the vicinity effortlessly. As their swords gleamed once again, the magic between them collided, making everything around them be destroyed.

“Garet, he’s too strong…” Freya stated, speaking within Garet’s mind.

Yet… Garet didn’t bother to argue with his servitour because he already knew that a war between gods was nearly impossible to win. But for his dream, he’s willing to do everything, even if it’s about overthrowing one of the big three.

“This is for her sake, this is for his sake…” Garet thought.

Ngunit bago muling magkaharap ang mga sandata nila ni Poseidon, ang buong paligid ay dahan-dahan na nakukulong sa isang bola ng tubig. At kasabay nito ang pag-ulan ng matitilos at mabibigat na itim na tubig sa buong paligid.

Ang proteksyon na ginawa nina Emerald at Artemis ay mabilis na nasisira sa dami ng mga ito. Ginamit ni Poseidon ang tyansang iyon upang atakihin si Garet, ngunit bago pa man matamaan ni Poseidon si Garet, ang paglitaw ng isang holographic screen ang nagsilbing proteksyon ni Garet.

“Salamat,” ani ni Garet.

At gamit ang mga mata niya sinuyod ni Garet ang buong paligid, patuloy pa rin ang walang sawang pag-ulan sa paligid, na sumisira sa buong sacred walls. Ang mga kabahayan at mga inprastraktura ay nagigiba dahil sa atake ni Poseidon, maging ang ibang mga demigod sa loob ng mga sagradong pader ay nasasaktan.

Poseidon laughs, echoing his evilness across the horizon. “This is what every fool gets for defying the sacred laws, our sacred laws!”

“What sacred laws?” Garet chuckled. “You mean your nonsense beliefs that keep every demigod away from themselves?”

And before Poseidon could utter another word, the cloud of pixie dust in Garet’s command dances around the cage of water, caressing the demigods in help and soothing their wounds. And the more brilliant ones soared the horizon and shielded the sacred walls by exploding and eradicating the cryptic rainfall in Poseidon’s command.

The enigmatic cloud of dust devoured the horrifying dusk; the illuminating pixie dust exploded in the horizon like fireworks in an evening mass. Yet, even after eradicating the deadly rainfall, the cage of water was too late to conquer.

“Stand on your pride, Lockser! Those demigods, nymphs, and every being inside those walls, all those who’ll get hurt—bear in mind that it was all your fault! It was the rule-breakers’ fault!”

Garet smirked and soared the air in order to look down on the God of the Sea. “Why do you think I’m here? Why do you we are here?”

Isang ngiti lamang ang kumubra sa mga labi ni Poseidon kasabay nito ang sunod-sunod na pagbiak ng mga lapuan, ang mga itim na usok na kumawala sa ilalim ay dahan-dahan na humalo sa katubigan na unti-unting napupuno, nagbibigay hula sa isang bilog na kulungan.

“Para mamatay,” sagot ni Poseidon.

Nang tuluyan na silang nakulong, ang kakayahan ng bawat nilalang na sa paligid ni Poseidon ay unti-unting nawawala. At ang itim na usok ay tuluyan na ring kinuha ang kakayahan nilang makakita sa paligid, ilang beses ginawang lumingon ni Garet sa paligid, ngunit kahit saan siya tumingin ay wala siyang makita.

“Try using my pixie dust again, Garet,” Freya said.

And with Freya’s request, Garet tried illuminating the place with dust, but unlike earlier, this dimness wasn’t ten times greater than Poseidon’s attack earlier. Garet cussed under his breath. A demigod, especially the ones who aren’t born with Poseidon’s blessing, wouldn’t last long in his domain.