Chapter 14: The Moon Angel

Another surge of silence filled the air. Erebus watched us when suddenly the cloud of pixie dust that exploded earlier enveloped us; coating and lifting slowly in the sky. Sophia spread her beautiful wings and soared above us quickly to join Freya.

The shadows beneath Erebus started to run towards us, but I couldn’t witness what happened because the pixie dust covers us fully. Pero ramdam na ramdam ko ang poot at galit ni Erebus. Kung hinahanap n’ya ang Obsidian Child ay nagkakamali s’ya ng gusting patayin. It was the Miracle Child, who was inside Sophia’s stomach, and not the Obsidian Child.

“Give me the –”

“Obsidian! Obsidian na naman! Ano bang meron sa batang ‘yon at gigil na gigil ka?!” Savannah interrupted. Hindi ko s’ya nakikita ngunit tila nawala ata sa isip n’ya nandito ‘yong crush niya.

“That child will steal my life. The Obsidian Child will rob the darkness,” Erebus said.

“Isn’t that a good thing?” I heard Alendis said.

“Good thing?” Erebus repeated, and then he sardonically laughed, “The shadows love the Obsidian Child, and his role is to reign over the darkness of the world. That child is bound to slay all the Primordial Gods,”

I coughed when the pixie dust disappeared. Nasa ibabaw na kami ng kalangitan kasama sina Sophia ngunit nanatili lamang nakatayo sa kanyang pwesto. Erebus slowly turned his head to look at us, his crimson eyes were glaring, but he is not directly looking at any of us.

Hindi ko rin s’ya masisisi kung gugustuhin man niyang patayin ang Obsidian Child. Because if he were telling the truth, that child would massacre the gods. At hindi iyon maaaring mangyari, the gods are the ones giving life to the Divine Continent, and without them, the life they are preserving for years will vanish.

“You must be mistaken… She’s not bearing the Obsidian Child,” I stated. Tumaas ang isang kilay ni Erebus, “The life inside her belongs to Miracle Child,” I finished.

Erebus suddenly grimaced as if I was not telling the truth. Once again, his scream echoed. The clouds and the sea began to cry in rage, and the rain started hammering the ground as the beautiful hues of the sky were slowly robbed by nothingness, and the groans carried by the wind was enveloping the horizon. From below, Erebus was once again shifting to another hideous being.

Wings started to grow behind Erebus, and his crimson eyes began to release blood, which slowly streams down from his face. And his swords grew larger as he spread his wings.

Muling nanumbaklik ang tingin ni Erebus sa amin kasabay nito ang pagsugod niya sa himpapawid kung nasaan kami. Alendis was about to protect us when suddenly Savannah jumped off Freya’s pixie dust, making us left dumbfounded.

At sa gitna ng ere ay nagtama ang kanilang mga espada. I’ve never seen her fight, but the sword Savannah was holding seems awfully familiar.

“Sophia,” Alendis mumbled. Nang tumango si Sophia ay nilingon ako ni Alendis maging si Freya, “You still don’t know how to merge with your servitour, so I will let you see our combination,” kahit sa gitna nang labanan ay hindi umalis ang espirito ng kayabangan sa katawan ni Alendis.

I curiously looked at them when Sophia suddenly cut through her wrist as well as Alendis. Nang tumulo ang dugo ni Sophia sa sugat ni Alenis ay bigla na lamang silang nabalot ng isang kulay gintong bola na nagbibigay ng isang magarbong liwanag sa kadiliman.

Ang atensyon ko’y muling nanumbalik kay Savannah. At habang pinapanood s’ya ay nawawala sa isip ko na isa siyang prinsesa sa husay niya sa pakikipaglaban. The princesses are forbidden to hold any weapons because their role is to be a loving wife for their princes.

Erebus lunged his sword towards Savannah’s face, making her feel a sudden sting from scratch. Savannah twitches for a moment, and when another attack was supposed to land at her stomach, she immediately deflected it.

A shadow appeared behind her, and she suddenly smirked. Savannah elegantly kicked the shadow, which immediately became a stone. A flock of shadows began to appear behind and in front of her. I looked at Freya, and then she nodded. The pixie dust releases me, and I immediately summoned my sword to help her.

“Moron,” Savannah said when I failed to cut through the shadow. Ang espada ko’y lumagpas lamang dito na tila hangin lamang ang inatake ko.

I glared at her. She suddenly backs off, making me face Erebus. Savannah’s sword transformed into a bow and arrow, making my jaw dropped. HOLY STYX! Bakit nasa kanya ang espadang iyon? It is the fucking Crystalline Sword, the greatest craft of my father. It is the sword that can cut through anything and shift into anything thru the owner’s imagination.

Umiling na lamang ako at bumusangot nang humarap ako kay Erebus. Kaya pala napakayabang ng putanginang si Savannah na harapin ang gagong d’yos na ‘to. Erebus charged towards me, and I shielded his sword using mine. Mabilis kong pinaikot ang espada ngunit masyadong mabigat at mas malaki ang kanyang hawak dahilan upang maging palpak ang nais kong mangyari.

“The owner of this body will die soon,” Erebus mumbled.

I clicked my tongue, hindi maaaring mangyari iyon lalo na’t may uuwiang pamilya si Ainsley, “Nope, no one is gonna die,” I said.

He suddenly smirked and pierced right through my stomach, he made a huge wound on it, making me twitched for a moment. Napabuga ako nang malakas na hangin nang tumalon ako patalikod, mabilis siyang sumunod at sumugod sa ‘kin. Muli kong sinalag ang kanyang espada, napangisi na lamang ako nang may naramdaman akong kakaibang lamig sa paligid.

Tinungkod ko ang espada ko sa kalupaan, “SAVANNAH!” I shouted. At ginamit ang espada ni Erebus upang makatalon pabalik sa pwesto ni Freya.

“Got it,” She answered.

Freya’s pixie dust immediately supported us and lifted us. The sudden chill made me hug myself for a moment, and the horizon glimmered into golden spring. It was merely eradicating the blackness who robbed the beautiful hues of the horizon earlier. The faint crunch and crackling beneath us captured my attention. I awed when I saw the whole sea of winternym covered with the golden floor of ice, and beside me was a captivating sound of flapping of wings.

Isang mayabang na ngisi ang bumungad sa ‘kin nang lumingon ako sa gilid ko. Alendis transformed into a magnificent being; his golden wings were made from ice, and his crystal blue eyes shone brighter than the usual. And in his forehead, a symbol of the mezzaluna was tattoed in a scheme of white.

“The Moon Angel has arrived,”

#