Chapter 39: The Outlaws

The time seems to cease as if it was lending us a hand, but instead of providing us ease, it made everything much worse.

Poseidon illuminate ungodliness with the waves under his command grew much enormous, much more fearsome as they encircle within the vicinity of the entire walls, making the demigods living inside be devoured by the devastation.

And while I was engrossed in Poseidon’s sudden appearance. I somehow forgot my role until the woman beside me unleashes the power sleeping inside her. The dirt and even the tiny rocks slowly rise as the vines coming beneath envelops her knuckles.

“Mapapatay niya ang ibang mga demigods!” Inis na sambit ni Emerald.

Kagat-labi akong tumingin sa kanya bago natuon ang atensyon ko kay Simone, nasa likod nito si Alexis samantalang si Freya naman ay lumilipad sa kanilang tabi habang ang mga pixie dust ay nagmimistulang lupid na dahan-dahan na umangat, kung saan naroon ang iba naming mga kasama.

Ang tanging kulang na lamang sa amin ngayon ay sina Alyssa, Dark at Savannah. Isama na rin ang walanghiyang si Artemis.

“Alexis, what should we do?” Agad na tanong ni Freya nang makalapag silang lahat sa tabi namin.

At habang abala kami sa aming usapan ay panipis nang panipis ang distanya ng mga alon sa amin. Malamlam na tumingin sa amin si Alexis saka siya umiling.

“Wala rito si Artemis… siya lang ang may kayang tapatan ang atake ni Poseidon sa ngayon,” sagot nito.

I was about to charge towards Poseidon and somehow evaporate the water when all of a sudden, another surge of magic mix and build up in the surrounding.

And out of nowhere, a rowdy shout captured our ears. It was approaching the left side of the gigantic wave, and another overflowing magic was charging to the other side. And with just a blink of an eye, Poseidon halted, his blood shut eyes slowly leered in our side.

“Garet… Garet is not the only one who’s training for the past months!”

On the left side of the sacred walls, the enormous mass of water ready to devour half of it leisurely petrifies as the woman beneath it displays a vicious, mocking smile.

“Savannah…” Jackson mumbled.

“And you’re the only god here!”

The other half of the wave suddenly became a curtain of ice, glistening and shimmering as the sunlight beams to it. And slowly, Poseidon’s platform hardened with the collision of two blessings overpowering his.

Wala sa sarili akong napangiti at nilingon si Emerald na kanina pang naghihintay, nang mapansin niyang nakapako ang tingin ko sa kanya ay sinilip niya ako kasabay nito ang pagbalot ko ng asul na apoy sa aking kamao.

“You can now control your blessing, huh?” Payabang kong sambit kay Emerald.

Nginisian niya ako’t sinilip ang kamay ko, “And you can now wield blue flames, huh?”

Sabay kaming tumakbo papunta kay Simone saka sumakay sa likuran nito. Sinulong namin ang himpapawid at tinungo ang pinakataas bago tuluyan na tumalon paalis sa likuran ni Simone.

Ang asul na apoy na nasa kamay ko lamang kanina ay marahan na bumabalot sa aking katawan habang ako’y mabilis na bumabagsak sa alon na ngayon isang malaking pader ng yelo na. Saglit na nagtama ang mga mata namin ni Artemis bago ko tuluyan na magtama ang kamao ko at ang yelo.

“Weak,” Artemis mumbled.

I grimaced at her, “Moron.”

Our attention immediately drifted away from the mocking as the crackling sounds made both Artemis and I twisted our lips. And just like a bomb, the thick wall of ice exploded, making the block of ice poured down the entire walls.