Chapter 9: Emerald

“What is that?” Alyssa asked.

We can feel a tremendous amount of magic being released, and this forest will be destroyed if nothing is done. The large and thick vines were attacking in every direction as if the primary source of that massive power was in no control.

“A demigod,” Artemis answered. She was able to cover the whole Dim Forest earlier, but it was immediately canceled, just like what happened when she was in a fight with Alexis. “A powerful demigod who can’t control her blessing,”

“I thought, no one can break your ice?” Dark teased. Sinamaan ko s’ya nang tingin dahil umasim ang mukha ni Artemis, but it faded immediately, and she responded to Dark’s question with a straight-faced.

“Apparently, that woman can,”

“How?”

We were filled with deafening silence; my attention drifted to Freya, who was watching from above. Her lilac eyes were locked in a particular direction; she watched it intently as if she wanted to see what will happen next.

Artemis heaved a sigh and gaze upon the moon, “Apollo is the only one who can melt or shatter my ice, and I’m curious how can that woman use his blessing— especially that Alendis is Apollo’s only child.” She whispered, her crystal blue eyes were screaming with curiosity as if she was hungry about knowing that woman’s secret. She let out a cold laugh and tilted her to my direction, “I am a goddess, but I can’t tell who her godly parent is.”

Even a god couldn’t tell where she came from, huh?

She can’t be Apollo’s child. She doesn’t have the blessing of the sun, but I can tell that Alexis came from a powerful god— those holographic screens were part of her blessing, and if it can make her copy others’ blessing, then she can be powerful than the gods. A threat.

She might be the so-called Slayer of the Gods.

My attention drifted away when Freya landed on the ground. Wala sa sarili n’yang tinuro ang direksyon patungo sa silangan, puno ng pag-aalala ang mga mata n’ya habang pilit na hinuhugot ang hininga niya.

“Someone is there. Someone is trying to reach the core,” Freya murmured.

All of a sudden, another wave of attack occurred. It was more potent and powerful. The vines were destroying the trees and rocks like it was nothing. Muling gumaan ang pakiramdam ko at huli na para mapansin na lumulutang na muli ako sa ere, at ang tanging natitira sa ibaba ay si Artemis na walang buhay na nakatingin sa patungong silangan.

Once again, she stamps her foot; the whole Dim Forest was slowly being coated with much thicker ice. And when I roamed my sight, the source of the attack was a massive tree of vines— it was a large like-tree coated with thick and huge vines, at the center of it was a glowing prism which was emitting the light green pigment. The vines were being covered slowly, and it was gradually being restrained from the rampage it was doing.

My eyes laid to the ground when I saw someone jump out of the tree and was running in the core’s direction.

Alexis.

“Move,” Artemis commanded.

When Freya soared the sky, our bodies followed her.

“Pre, sino ‘to?” Glifford asked while pointing Dark. Saglit kong tiningnan si Dark saka nagkibitbalikat, “Ewan ko nga e,” I answered.

Dark glared at me, which made Alyssa laugh, “Ba’t ka namumulot ng aso, baka ma—”

“Bobo ka,” Dark jeered while looking at Alyssa.