Chapter 16

The beautiful vampire smirked when I stepped back. "Oh don't be afraid doll," he chided, his voice low and husky. "I'm not going to hurt you. At least it won't hurt much."

As soon as the words left his mouth, I was yanked behind a red haired figure, a strange low growl coming from his throat. "Touch her Fangs and I will burn you to a crisp," Hoseok warned, his voice full of anger.

Jungkook eyed Hoseok, taking in his wings and the shock of bright hair. "Calm down dragon," he said. "She's too beautiful to injure."

Jimin sidled up next to me, slipping a hand into mine like a small child. I looked down and gave him a reassuring smile. "It's okay," I said softly. I released his hand then stepped around Hoseok, putting myself in between him and Jungkook. "It's... um... it's nice to meet you."

Hoseok put a hand on my shoulder, but I shrugged it off. "What are you doing Y/N?" he demanded. "He's a ruthless bloodsucker."

Jungkook looked almost offended at his words. "A ruthless bloodsucker?" he asked in surprise. "Ouch. That was a little harsh don't you think?"

I focused my attention on Jungkook, curious about the strange silver lines on his handsome face. "Hoseok's a tad bold when it comes to speaking to people. Don't mind him," I said.

"What is a lovely creature like you doing out here with all these misfits?" Jungkook asked, gesturing towards the group standing behind me.

I had to admit we looked a little strange: a fairy, a dragon, an angel, and a siren all traveling together with a human. "We're heading to see the Dark Wizard," I said, explaining quickly what happened to my brother. The others piped, telling their own stories. As we spoke, I could see the silver lines expanding on Jungkook's otherwise flawless skin.

Jungkook stared at the night sky for a moment, lost in thought. "Do you think... do you think the Dark Wizard would be able to help me as well?" he asked, his eyes filled with hope.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no idea, but what... what happened to you anyways?" I asked, unable to hide my curiosity any longer.

Jungkook sighed. "It's the disadvantage of being a vampire," he said, his changing eyes sad. "I drank from the wrong person. Although she appeared human, she was the offspring of a satyr. Vampires cannot feed from satyrs. Their blood essentially poisons us."

Despite my fear of being in his presence, my heart bled for the hurting vampire. "What will happen to you?" I asked, worry clear in my voice.

"It will eventually kill me," Jungkook said simply. "I cannot cure it, only treat the pain with fresh blood."

I nodded my head in understanding. "Can you bite someone without killing them or turning them?" I asked, not entirely sure where the question was coming from.

Taehyung came up beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me away from Jungkook. "What are you getting at Y/N? Please tell me it's not what I think it is," he pleaded, his eyes filled with worry.

Jungkook's gaze was focused on me. "I don't know what you're saying, but to answer your question, yes. I can drink from people with killing them or her or turning them," he answered.

I pulled away from Taehyung and stepped closed to Jungkook, pulling down the collar of my shirt. "Then here," I said, baring my neck to him.

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise. "Do you know what you're offering?" he asked, his voice filled with uncertainty.

I took a breath then spoke. "Yes. You're clearly hurting and I can help you," I said simply.

Jungkook stepped closer, but Jin moved in front of me. "Y/N this is a really bad idea. Don't do this," he begged, looking over his shoulder at me. "We don't know this vampire."