Chapter 8

We were exiting the Daybreak Mountains just as the sun dropped behind the horizon and the moon had begun its ascent into the sky. The light from the moon lit the path we followed and the inky sky filled one by one with stars.

Jimin stopped my movements with a gently hand to my wrist. "We need to think about finding a spot to rest for the night. At least for a couple of hours," he said softly.

I shook my head. "I can't Jimin. I need to keep moving," I said, not wanting to waste any more time.

Hoseok joined us. "I hate to say it, but I agree with Sparkles here," he said, making Jimin roll his eyes at the nickname. "You're not going to be able to help your brother if you collapse from exhaustion."

I sighed in frustration. I knew they were right, but I didn't want to lose any time. We had wasted enough time as it was. "Fine. A couple hours only. I have to make it to the Dark Wizard. I have to save my brother," I relented, tears pooling in my eyes.

Jimin caught the look on my face and wrapped his strong arms around me, holding me close in his embrace. "We're going to make it there. You're going to save him. It's going to be alright," he said in my hair, his voice soft and sweet.

I let myself relax in Jimin's arms for a moment before pulling away. He used his thumbs to wipe the tears that had escaped my eyes. "Thanks Jimin," I said.

Hoseok patted my shoulder. "Let's walk a little longer then we'll find a place. Don't worry Y/N. We'll get you there," he said, his eyes filled with sympathy.

I looked at the two men with me. As much pain as they were in from their own concerns and worries, they still found it in their hearts to comfort me. I had not wanted either of them to accompany me on this journey, but now I was so happy they did.

We walked slowly along the path, heading towards Heavenly Rock. It was said to be the most magical spot in all of the lands. The rumors also said that if approached at the right time, the guardian of Heavenly Rock would show himself. If the guardian of Heavenly Rock appeared to you, it meant you had a pure soul. The rumors were unfounded since no one had ever seen the guardian. Some people, including myself, didn't believe the rumors. It was just another story that was told to children to try and keep them on a straight path.

I rubbed my head thinking of the rumors. I hadn't believed the rumors about the monster that guarded Daybreak Mountains, but look where I am now. Heading towards the Dark Wizard with a dragon in tow. My eyes went to Hoseok and laughed. To keep himself entertained on our journey, he was blowing smoke rings, watching as the slowly dissipated. Hoseok caught my eye and sent me a bright smile.

I turned to Jimin and got caught up in his pure beauty. He must have felt my stare because he turned and winked at me, taking my hand and giving it a squeeze before letting it go. I was glad I had Jimin with me. His knowledge of animals and his sweet giggle never failed to make me smile.

As we approached Heavenly Rock, my eyes could not believe the sheer beauty of the sight in front of us. The rock was over 10 feet tall and absolutely massive. It curved in a way as though it were reaching up for the heavens and seemed to glow from within with a golden light. The sight was so awe-inspiring that it stopped me in my tracks. Jimin came to a stop next to me, his eyes transfixed on the sight, causing Hoseok to check and see what had the both of us captivated. His eyes widened at the sight and I wanted to laugh at the look of shock on his face.

The path wound around Heavenly Rock, passing it on the left, before veering back to the right. As we made our way around the rock, a figure appeared. The figure stayed hidden in the shadows of the rock as we approached. The figure spoke and I could tell the voice was male, deep and filled with quiet authority. "Who are you and what is your purpose of being here?" he demanded.

I stepped forward, my hands up to show that I was not a threat. "My name is Y/N. This is Jimin and Hoseok," I said, gesturing to the two boys standing right behind me. "We're going to see the Dark Wizard."

"Why are you going to the Dark Wizard?" he asked. "Are you looking for black magic?"

I shook my head quickly. "We need help from the Dark Wizard," I said softly. "My brother has been cursed by the North Witch and I need a way to help save him. He'll die if I don't get him help. Jimin and Hoseok are accompanying me to get help for themselves as well."

Jimin nodded. "I lost my wings and powers when the Night Witch cursed me," he said.

Hoseok turned and showed the man his torn wing. "I need the Dark Wizard to fix my dragon wing," he said simply. "Who are you anyway?"

I pinched Hoseok's arm and he winced, sending me a glare. "I apologize for him," I said gently, not wanting to anger the man who had yet to step from the shadows. "He tends to speak before he thinks."

"He sure does," Jimin piped in and I turned, throwing him a look that made him take a step back, casting his eyes down towards the ground.

As he stepped into the light, my heart stopped at his jaw-dropping gorgeous looks. He was tall, dressed in all white. He had a gold sash that crossed his broad chest and wrapping around his wide shoulders, the two ends meeting at his slim waist. His white blond hair fell over his high forehead and almost glowed with the light from the rock. My eyes were drawn to his full beautiful lips that were currently set in a straight line. His eyes were the color of fresh coffee and they stared into me as though he could see right through me. Once I dragged my eyes away from his handsome face, they were drawn behind him. Coming from behind him were two large feathery wings, but they were as black as midnight.