Fangs

The next day was a whirlwind of emotions. Namjoon had headed back to Wolf Woods, shifting into a beautiful silver wolf, nudging me one last time before taking off. Yoongi had gone back t to the Inferno, the pit becoming fiercely alive from the fire had dropped into it. Taehyung returned to the Vacant River, knowing he had to make amends with the other sirens. He only said he hope they would have gotten over his indiscretion. Winking at me, I knew he would be all right.

Jin gave me a last smile before spreading his magnificent wings. He said he had his own issues to take care of and knew it was time to explain his choices, hoping there would be understanding and mercy. Jimin had returned to Fairy Grove, eager to test out his powers, knowing where he was supposed to be.

Hoseok had offered to drop Jungkook and I at Departed Castle, claiming he wanted to spend a little more time with me. After we said our farewells to the others, Jungkook and I climbed on Hoseok's back, the vampire holding tightly to me, his thick black hair blowing in the wind. After Hoseok landed a few hundred yards away, we said our final goodbyes and he rose into the sky, a glimmering figure of black and red.

Jungkook and I made our way to Departed Castle, the imposing structure stark against the pale blue of the early afternoon sky. I couldn't get my mind off the kiss from last night or the times he would wrap me in his arms and sink his fangs into my neck. I knew he had only done it to survive, since without it, he would have died, but I couldn't stop thinking about how right it felt. I tried to convince myself it was only the power he held over me from feeding multiple times, but my heart tried to tell me that there was something more. Based on the kiss from last night, I hoped it was true, but I was too afraid to bring it up.

We approached the main gates of the castle and I stopped, just like I had the first night, struck by its beauty. There was something so stunning about it, but knowing the sad story behind the occupants made me sad. I knew it had taken courage for Jungkook to tell me the story of his family, but I was so glad he did.

"Will... will you come inside for a bit?" Jungkook's voice was hesitant and it was the first time I had seen the vampire as something but the cocky arrogant man I had met.

I nodded my head and couldn't help the fluttering in my heart when Jungkook took my hand. He had held my hand many times throughout the journey, but each time felt new and exciting. It was something I never wanted to let go of.

Jungkook led me through the gates and up to the castle, opening the heavy wooden door. After he closed it behind us, he guided me into the same room we had all slept in. I sat down on the plush couch, happy to be off my aching feet, if for even just a short while.

Sitting down next to me, Jungkook continued to hold my hand and I could see the battle he was having with himself. I squeezed his hand in reassurance. "Jungkook? What is it? I can see something is bothering you."

Hesitating, Jungkook turned to me, his eyes worried and it again made me wonder what had him so nervous, so uneasy. "Were you... were you serious last night? Serious about wanting to... wanting to be with me?"

Nodding my head, I directed my gaze to where our hands were joined. "I've not felt this feeling about anyone before, never had this feeling of wanting to be with someone. It makes me wonder..." I stopped, not sure how to continue.

"Makes you wonder what?"

"It makes me wonder how much of what I said when you were feeding from me was truth. How much of it did I really mean?" I felt embarrassed admitting that to Jungkook, but I knew I needed to be honest with him.

Jungkook gave me a soft smile, one so different from every other one I had seen from him. "I... I often wondered the same thing. When I told you I didn't know how I was going to let you go, I meant it. And I just didn't mean the taste and scent of your blood, but everything. From the beginning, you captured my heart." Jungkook let out a wry laugh. "I'm a vampire. I'm not supposed to feel love, feel heartbreak, but when... when you would beg for me, it hurt. It hurt because I knew it wasn't real. As much as I wanted it to be."