Chapter 25

The sun was just peeking over the horizon when I awoke the next morning. Jimin and Hoseok were still asleep in my lap and at some point, Taehyung had snuggled closer. Jin and Namjoon were standing a few feet away and I could tell they were deep in conversation, both of their faces filled with worry.

Moving the two sleeping figures from my lap, I slowly made my way to my feet and walked over to the conversing pair. "What's going on Jin?" I aksed, knowing the strange look on the angel's face was not one that indicated the conversation had been positive.

"It's... Puppy and I were just talking about the next leg of our journey. It's... it's not going to be an easy one. You are the most in danger sweet girl." Jin's eyes were filled with worry, similar to the look on Namjoon's face.

Namjoon growled at the nickname but let it go. "Wings is right. We are not in as much danger as you are sunshine."

The clear concern in their eyes made the fear build up, threatening to consume me. "Wh-what do I do?"

Jin wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me close to his side. "Don't you worry too much about it. I promise I will do whatever I need to keep you safe."

Reaching over to take my hand, Namjoon laced my fingers with his. "We will all protect you. Nothing is going to take you away from us."

Jungkook approached us and I could see he needed blood, the silver lines turning a dark grey and covering a good portion of his pale skin. Releasing Namjoon's hand and shrugging Jin's hand off my shoulder, I made my way to his side.

Shaking his head, Jungkook took a step back. "I... I can't keep letting you do this."

Placing a hand on his cheek, I stepped closer. "No. You need this and I can help you."

"But it's getting harder for you to pull away. What..." I cut Jungkook's words off with a finger to his pouty lips.

"Stop. I'm not going to let you die. You have every right to live through this, to survive this all." I pulled down the collar of my shirt, baring my neck to him. Jungkook stared at me for a moment and the look in his pretty changing eyes sent a strange shiver down my spine. "Please Jungkook."

At my words, Jungkook said nothing but pulled me close to him, one arm around my waist, the other wrapping my long braid around his hand, tilting my head to the side. "Still so divine," he whispered against my skin as he pressed his lips along my neck. "So sweet. So perfect. So beautiful."

Without a warning, he sank his fangs into my flesh and the familiar exhilarated feeling washed over me. Everything around us disappeared until it was just he and I. I ran my hands through his dark hair and his deep groan made me trembled underneath him. After what seemed like too short of a time, Jungkook released me, swiping the last of the blood of his lip with his fingers then sticking them in his mouth.

With nothing in my mind but him, I stared down at his pretty mouth, wanting to feel the softness against my own. Tangling my fingers in his hair, I dragged his lips to mine, eager to finally taste the plump flesh against my own. I was a breath away from him when I was suddenly yanked back against a hard chest. A pair of midnight wings blocked my view of the handsome vampire and I knew instantly it was Jin holding me.

"It's okay sweet girl. You're okay. It's over." Jin's voice was soothing in my ear, but all I could think about was Jungkook. The need for him washed over me like a tidal wave, threatening to drown me in the desperate longing, but then a horrible thought crossed my mind. The reason he wasn't coming for me. He didn't want me like I wanted him. The thought was enough to bring tears to my eyes and I relaxed in Jin's arms. Feeling my suddenly limp posture, Jin dropped his wings and turned me in his arms. "What is it sweet girl? Are... are you alright?"