Puppy

The next day was a whirlwind of emotions. Yoongi had gone back t to the Inferno, the pit becoming fiercely alive from the fire had dropped into it. Jungkook returned to Departed Castle, a wry smile on his face as he said his goodbyes.

Taehyung returned to the Vacant River, knowing he had to make amends with the other sirens. He only said he hope they would have gotten over his indiscretion. Winking at me, I knew he would be all right. Jin gave me a last smile before spreading his magnificent wings. He said he had his own issues to take care of and knew it was time to explain his choices, hoping there would be understanding and mercy.

Hoseok shifted into his dragon form and spread his massive wings, taking off into the sky and disappearing into the pale summer sky, until he was nothing more than a speck of red and black. Jimin had returned to Fairy Grove, eager to test out his powers, knowing where he was supposed to be.

I walked back to Wolf Woods with Namjoon, my mind filled with thoughts of the kiss we shared last night. It was something I couldn't get out of my mind and I knew I never would be able to. I didn't know how he felt about me, but I knew I had fallen in love with the werewolf beside me.

Namjoon was different, unlike anyone I had ever met before in my life and surely unlike the werewolves I had run into during the trek through Wolf Woods. After we had come back to the campfire, Namjoon had shifted into his wolf form and had been running through the fields, chasing rabbits and other night creatures, acting just like the puppy they all called him. When he finally had come back, he had snuggled next to me, his fur soft as I had petted his huge silver back. I had fallen asleep almost instantly, my head resting on his silky fur.

When we stepped into the tree cover that made up Wolf Woods, I could feel the tension from the wolf next to me. There was something on his mind, something he wanted to say, but seemed almost afraid to. And judging from his clear nervousness, it was something I was afraid to hear. I twisted my fingers in front of me, unsure of what to say, how to start the conversation. It crossed my mind that he had regrets about what had happened last night between the two of us and the idea of that broke my heart more than I wanted to admit. I had fallen for Namjoon, really fallen for him and I didn't know how I would be able to say goodbye to him, if I could say goodbye to him.

As we ventured further into Wolf Woods, I could feel Namjoon's tension grow. Unexpectedly he stopped then took my hand and gestured for me to sit on a fallen tree next to the path. I did as he asked and watched him curiously as he paced in front of me before taking a seat next to me. "Y/N? What... what do you know about werewolves?" Namjoon's voice was worried as he spoke and it made me even more nervous about what was going on.

"Um... not much. I... I know that you shift and that there is an Alpha in your pack. That's... that's about all I know." I shrugged my shoulders, not entirely sure what he was getting at.

Namjoon nodded, his dark eyes flashing silver before turning again. "Yes. That's true. There is also something else. I have..." Namjoon's words were cut off when there was a snarl behind me. I turned to see the familiar snow white hair and pale blue eyes, the same hair and eyes I had seen on the werewolf the night I had met Namjoon, the same ones from the little wolf pup who had deceived me. If it hadn't been for Jimin, this werewolf would have killed me. "What do you want Soobin?"

"I sensed our delectable little human was back and I wanted to come see her. I was missing the pretty little thing." Soobin's voice was mocking and sent shivers down my spine, a subtle movement I couldn't control, but he clearly noticed. "Aww... sweet little human. Do I make you nervous?"

At the vicious snarl, I turned my attention back to Namjoon. "Don't you even think about touching her. I will rip you limb from limb if you do."