Chapter 26

Through the blackness surrounding me, I could hear a familiar voice calling my name, pleading with me to wake up. Although the blackness was comforting, I forced myself to open my eyes. A familiar head of bright red hair was above me, his pretty eyes filled with worry. "Sweetheart? Oh my gosh. You're alright." Before I could say anything, Hoseok gathered me in his arms, pulling me close to his body.

"W-what happened?" My voice was hoarse as though I had been screaming. "What's going on?"

Hoseok helped me to sit up then brushed the hair from my face. Looking around, I noticed we were out of the valley where the chimera had been. All of a sudden, my mind cleared and the memory of the valley came rushing back. "What happened with the chimera? Is everyone okay?" I tried getting up, but Hoseok held tightly to me.

"Calm down sweetheart. It's okay. You're okay." Hoseok ran a hand down my hair, the gentle motion soothing.

I settled for a moment then looked around. Jungkook, Yoongi, and Taehyung were standing a few feet away, deep in conversation. Jin was seated on the ground next to me. A certain pink haired fairy and silver haired wolf were nowhere to be seen. My heart started racing in panic. "Where's Jimin? Where's Namjoon?" I tried to get up but Hoseok stopped me again.

Hoseok's arms around me were strong but i struggled against them, ttrying to get to my feet. "Please sweetheart. You need to be calm. It's going to be okay."

Knowing something was wrong, i bent over, my face buried in my hands, the worst scenarios coming to mind. Jimin, the sweet fairy, who had protected me from the beginning, stayed by my side was gone, along with the werewolf we had just met along the way. "Please Hoseok. Where is Jimin? Please tell me he's okay. Please," I begged, my voice breaking. "Where's Namjoon?"

"I'm right here my darling. It's alright." A familiar sweet voice spoke up behind me and I turned to see Jimin. "Were you worried about me?"

Pushing off Hoseok's arms, I jumped to my feet, almost tackling the fairy to the ground, hugging him tightly. "Where were you? Don't ever scare me like that again!"

Jimin wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in close then kissed the top of my head. "Oh my darling. Don't be scared. I promise I'm okay." He gestured towards the sound of water, just out of my line of sight. "I was down by the river."

Unable to keep my composure, I sobbed into Jimin's shoulder. The sweet fairy had been with me from the beginning and the thought of him being hurt terrified me more than I had wanted to admit. Jimin rubbed my back in soft circles, trying to soothe me. After a moment, I pulled myself from his arms, wiping my tears with the back of my hand. "Was Namjoon with you?"

Jimin's eyes saddened and he turned to Taehyung, who had made his way over to us. Taehyung reached out a hand, placing it gently on my shoulder. "The... the chimera took Namjoon."

My heart stopped and my mind blanked at his words, unable to process what he had said. "What... what do you mean? Where is Namjoon?"

Jin wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I could feel the soothing waves coming from the angel. "Once you fainted, the Chimera went to attack you, but Namjoon saved you. He pushed it away." His eyes went to Yoongi, who subtly shook his head.

I could see there was something more, something they were keeping from me, but didn't want to tell me. "Please. Tell me what happened. Tell me," I begged, turning to Yoongi.

Flashback

Yoongi POV:

The sun was just crossing over the midpoint in the sky as our little mismatched group entered the valley. Despite the heat of the day, I felt an eerie chill creep over my spine. The valley was quiet, much quieter than we had expected it to be. Y/N was walking a few feet ahead of me, Bubbles on one side of her and Smoky on the other. The fairy was walking behind her and I could see the pout on his lips. I grinned to myself, knowing he wanted to be by her side, holding her hand. There was something about this human girl that made us all want to protect her. I didn't know what it was, but I knew I would do whatever I needed to do to keep her safe.