Bubbles

The next day was a whirlwind of emotions. Namjoon had headed back to Wolf Woods, shifting into a beautiful silver wolf, nudging me one last time before taking off. Yoongi had gone back t to the Inferno, the pit becoming fiercely alive from the fire had dropped into it. Jungkook returned to Departed Castle, a wry smile on his face as he said his goodbyes.

Jin gave me a last smile before spreading his magnificent wings. He said he had his own issues to take care of and knew it was time to explain his choices, hoping there would be understanding and mercy. Jimin had returned to Fairy Grove, eager to test out his powers, knowing where he was supposed to be.

Hoseok had offered to drop Taehyung and I at Vacant River, knowing the journey was a long one. After we said our farewells to the others, Taehyung and I climbed on Hoseok's back, the siren holding tightly to me, his face buried in my shoulder. After Hoseok landed a few hundred yards away, we said our final goodbyes and he rose into the sky, a glimmering figure of black and red.

As we had headed out this morning, Taehyung has asked me to accompany him and I couldn't help but agree. I wanted to spend time with him, especially after what had happened between us the night before. I was afraid to say goodbye, afraid of what would happen if I did. Would I ever see him again? Would it be the end so easily?

Taehyung and I walked slowly towards the Vacant River, stopping on the bridge that crossed over it. Taehyung leaned on the railing, his eyes on the murky water below. He seemed to be lost in thought before he suddenly turned to me. "Do... do you trust me?" His eyes were worried as he studied my face.

Nodding my head, I put a hand to his cheek. "After everything that happened, of course I trust you, you gave up who you are for me, to save my life."

Taehyung nodded. "Then... then I want you to meet my family."

My mouth dropped open at his words, unable to believe he was asking me to do this, asking me to meet his family. "How... how does that work? I can't breathe underwater."

Grinning, Taehyung held up the bracelet on his wrist. "This will help. It will allow you to breathe when you are under the surface of the river."

I hesitated, not worried that Taehyung would hurt me, but worried instead that his family would hate me. There was such hatred between humans and sirens that I was afraid me being with him would be nothing but trouble. However, I knew if there was any hope of this going further, of there potentially being a future with Taehyung, I would need to take that step. Putting everything on the line, I nodded my head.

Taehyung slipped the bracelet off his own wrist then fastened it on mine, the pretty charm hanging from the delicate silver chain. Without another word, Taehyung dove over the railing of the bridge, breaking the surface of the water with barely a ripple. His head popped up almost immediately and he grinned up at me, his blue hair wet and hanging over his perfect forehead. "Jump n/n. I promise I will catch you."

I climbed up onto the railing and sat with my legs hanging over the edge. The river didn't look deep enough, but I knew things could be deceiving, especially in this part of the realms. I looked around me, studying my surroundings. Just to my left was the spot where I had met Taehyung, where his tail was caught in the reeds. I could still see the reeds that had been damaged from his frantic thrashing around as he had tried to free himself from the green shackles. The river below me was flowing quickly, water rushing below the bridge as though it was trying to escape.

I looked down to see Taehyung below me. He had his head and shoulders above the water and I could see his bare torso. I looked down at the bracelet on my wrist, remembering that without it, Taehyung would have a tail.