The Final Battle

It's never really dark in Lumiose.

Sunlight is replaced by the endless amount of lights in the city. Skyscrapers glow in boxy patterns, showing who can't fall asleep quite yet.

Electric billboards light up the main avenues, accompanying the fancy streetlights down each path. Above them all are the little lights dotting each roof.

Not that many planes are flying by these days.

Finally there's Lumiose Tower.

Ever since it's been built, not once has it gone out.

It used to be a beacon of love for the region, but now it's one of hope.

"It's quite beautiful," Lysandre starts on another one of his boring monologues.

"You say that every night," Malva rolls her eyes.

The two are back on the second tallest building in the city. The flat roof allowing them to marvel at everything below.

"It's important to appreciate the beauty in life," The Team Flare Leader states. "You never know what might happen."

Like an evil team coming along and destroying it.

"Well it's not going anywhere," Malva sighs and joins Lysandre on the side facing Lumiose Tower. "Almost all of Kalos people are within the city."

"Perfect," Lysandre smirks. "Tomorrow we can start preparing the future of Kalos."

"Phase Two?" The girl asks.

"That makes it sound like a plan," Lysandre turns towards Malva with a sharp glint in his eye. "But this is no plan. It's a reality."

And then the lights go out.

Just like that.

The sounds of the grid powering down click through the night.

Until that stops too.

Lumiose Tower gradually loses its panels of light. The bottom ones going out first before gradually moving up until the final light of Kalos is out.

Lumiose City lost most of its heart when the flow of people was stopped, but without its light its even less.

Now it's just dark and silent.

Malva glances at Lysandre.

"Find someone to fix my city," He growls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We did it!" Bonnie cheers.

"Yes," Valerie laughs. "Even though Clemont did most of the work."

"It was a team effort," Clemont says shyly while stuffing a variety of equipment into his bag. "We need to get moving before Team Flare fixes the power."

"How far will the tunnels get us?" Valerie asks while stuffing a bag with food.

"All the way to the outside wall," Clemont states. 

"And from there?" Bonnie questions.

"I don't know."

The three continue packing in silence.

"I'm going to go up the tower for a quick second," Valerie says and moves towards the stairs.

"We really should be going," Clemont says with his usual worried expression.

"I'll be quick," Valerie smiles with a small sigh. "I just need to see the city one last time."

The young woman surprisingly makes it up at a good pace despite having fancy heel-like shoes. The metal clunks with every step as she gets closer.