Battle Between the Unbeatable

For a hyped up league like this one, it has lacked the powerhouse matchup that keeps you on the edge of your seat. There's been close battles sure, but every battle with a serious contender has been a blowout.

Maybe the league wants that so the finals seem more intense, but it doesn't really make sense. It's almost like some of the contenders are choking as well...

Tierno and Trevor, who came in a contenders, were destroyed by Ash and Alain in their respective battles. These battles were between trainers who have had close matches prior to the tournament as well.

Sawyer's confidence was at an all time high after beating Ash before the league. Next, they meet in the semifinals and the kid gets destroyed by his idol. Unless Ash wasn't trying in the battle he lost which isn't the way he works, their battle shouldn't have been so one sided.

But we can't waste time trying to figure out what's going on.

The past is the past and no one can go back to stop the league from altering the first rounds of the tournament. All we can do is sit back and watch a classic six on six battle between the two surviving trainers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is it!" Ash starts to pep talk his six Pokémon. He only used seven Pokémon throughout the Kalos region which makes choosing six easier and harder than past years... "We have worked really hard all year to get here."

"Pikachu we finally made it to the finals so let's make it count," Ash nods at his electric type Pokémon.

"Goodra it's time to show everyone in the crowd why no one should mess with your marsh," Ash jokes to his dragon type.

"It has been a long time since I caught you Talonflame, and you haven't stopped getting stronger," Ash says to the fire and flying type.

"Greninja," Ash smirks at the water type and moves on to the next Pokémon before turning around. "Aria told me her Delphox would be watching the finals with her."

Ash turns to Hawlucha who is laughing at his friend's embarrassment. "I know you wanted to battle alongside Noivern," Ash says to the fighting and flying type. "But you can still show him how we battle in the spotlight."

"Charizard it's been awhile," Ash smiles at the fire and flying type. "Keeping you with us after Unova has paid off more than once so far. All that's left is to bring home the trophy."

"That was a pretty good pep talk," Aria walks in with Delphox by her side. The two Kalos starter Pokémon are avoiding eye contact.

"Thanks," Ash smiles. "What are you doing here, shouldn't you be getting ready for your performance?"

"I made sure to get this change room," Aria explains. "Didn't want to be trapped with Alain."

"Fine by me," Ash shrugs. "Feeling confident yet?"

"No," Aria giggles. "The nerves are still there, no matter how many times you tell me I'm going to win."

"If you tell me what you're going to do, I can tell you it'll be great," Ash winks but Aria shakes her head while laughing.

"Nope," The pinkette laughs. "It's a secret for everybody, even you."

"Fine," Ash fake pouts. "I'll beat Alain's first three Pokémon quick so you don't have to wait."

"You do that," Aria giggles.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" The commentator booms through the arena. "Are You Ready!?"