The Battles that Win the War

Thank you for 80k!!!!!

Zygarde gets to the city border and immediately fires a beam of energy into the wall, creating a nice doorway for him.

Bricks come flying out of the smoke and eventually the Pokémon does too. 

"This is bad," Ash says to Yveltal.

Great observation.

Zygarde's glowing white eyes lock onto Yveltal. It opens its mouth and energy can be seen building up.

Yveltal throws Ash onto the top of the skyscraper and zips through the sky towards Zygarde. Its midnight coloured wings disappear into the night but then they glow brightly as the dark type takes Zygarde's attack.

The beam of energy was most likely a hyper beam and Yveltal won't be able to take many more of those.

Ash watches the two legendaries begin a battle for the history books. Hopefully Yveltal and keep the destruction at a minimum or keep Zygarde on the outside of the city like he is now.

"Nice of you to join me," Lysandre towers over the boy.

"Pika," The electric type's cheeks spark.

"Okay okay," Lysandre backs away. "I don't want a fight quite yet. Let's watch shall we?"

Ash goes to protest and fight back but Lysandre's Pyroar has his eyes locked. His flame is blowing in the wind, just waiting for an excuse to let his flames out.

The boy sighs and stands beside Lysandre, watching the madness below them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Keep going!" Aria encourages the trio of Greninja, Delphox and Vivillon.

She looks back at all the tied up grunts and fainted they're leaving behind. At least they don't have to go any farther than beating them in battle. Aria isn't prepared to kill anybody...

It seems that the flow of grunts is slowing finally.

But a boost is--

"If it isn't the Kalos Princess," Malva steps out from around the corner.

--already here.

Malva stands in the middle of the street with her arms crossed.

Grunts fly by with their Pokémon and Xerneas starts to work a little bit harder.

"Was someone sad they were weakest Elite 4?" Aria taunts, climbing off the legendary Pokémon. "Money maybe. Something else from Lysandre?"

"A simple minded girl like you wouldn't understand," Malva says unaffected.

"Well I don't need to understand," Aria glares. "I can see that you are tearing our region apart."

"You have to believe in a better future."

"I do!" Aria's tone turns to a yell. "One that doesn't involve this. One that builds off of what we have. One that learns from the past instead of starting over. One that grows!"

"Inspiring," Malva claps. "But I'm not letting your sweet little princess monologue keep us from reaching Lysandre's vision."

"We'll see about that," Delphox and Greninja stand in front of her. "Xerneas you stay on the grunts, we get the wannabe Lysandre."

"That's it!" Malva growls and brings out two Pokémon.

One is a Houndoom. The four legged Pokémon has a lean black and red body and a devil theme. Two curled horns come out of its dog-shaped head.