Breakup

Early update😱

Palermo got back to the castle not much later than Aria did. The grey haired woman walks in like she's going to set the place on fire, which she may do so. As soon as she sees Aria sprawled out on a couch, the manager can't help but chuckle.

"So it did really go as bad as the newsfeeds are reporting," She starts with.

"Don't get me started," Aria groans into the couch cushions, not wanting to look up at her manager.

"I just have a few questions," Palermo states, still laughing a bit. "I hear you made eye contact a whole two times... and one was tell the guy that you didn't want to have any sort of interaction with him."

"Not my fault," Aria states. "He was too busy admiring himself in the mirror."

"That bad?" Palermo shakes her head. "It makes more sense that you ran away from him again."

"People saw that?" Aria groans even louder than before. "Not my brightest move of the day I guess."

"Actually I'm proud of you," Palermo smiles. "I'm hoping you ran because you were alarmed about something and no one can criticize you for that."

"That was the reason," The pinkette says. "I also didn't want anything to do with him though."

"At least you tried," Palermo chuckles. "But how in the name of Arceus did you outrun him?"

"I didn't," Aria says with a slight stutter in her voice. "Or I guess, I wouldn't have if it wasn't for..."

"Really Aria?" Palermo says with an unbelieving tone.

"He did!" Aria yells through the cushions. "Ash, even though he didn't/doesn't know, saved me from who knows what."

"I'd say it's a sign," Palermo chuckles. "But Arceus is making it so obvious that the term sign doesn't work."

"But that Serena girl," Aria sighs. "Their connection must be so strong, whether they are together or not. I can't push her away from him."

"I may have solved that problem," Palermo mutters.

"Did you say something?" Aria perks up and gets up to look at the manager.

"It's nothing," Palermo assures her mentee.

"Palermo what did you do today?" Aria asks, almost hoping she doesn't answer.

"I payed a visit to Serena," Palermo starts. "And we had a nice long talk that I need to relay to you."

"I don't like how you're saying all this," Aria now fully sits up on the couch. "What did you do?"

"Aria I need you to listen carefully and don't react until I'm done okay?" Palermo starts and the Kalos Queen nods with a slightly worried look. "I heard you and Valerie talking about how you guys only get to see each other annually."

"There isn't much you can do about that by talking to Serena," Aria says confused.

"Let me continue," Palermo says. "I'm pretty sure, actually positive that this is the case for almost everybody you have a relationship with."

The performer nods while listening attentively, almost liking where this is going...

"My training has basically taken away any chance of you having regular relationships with your friends," Palermo states. "And I understand that because I was trained by my mentor in a very similar way."

"Unfortunately I'm as stubborn as my mentor," Palermo chuckles. "But I know when I'm useless."

"Useless?" Aria questions. "You're not useless."