Lost

The blizzard continues to hammer the area. If you planned on seeing the trees and scenery, then you're going to be disappointed with the never ending white snowflakes, white floor, and white everything else.

The crisp winds are burning Ash and Aria's cheeks while they aimlessly walk through the... wherever they are. Their noses are so cold and red that smelling isn't even a thing anymore.

"Clemont are we almost there," Ash says weakly, fighting the elements with every word.

The two await a response that never came, or will ever come. "Clemont?" Aria questions. "Where are we?"

"Clemont," Ash continues. "Bonnie?"

No words come and the two start get nervous, worried, and confused. "Aria weren't you holding onto one of them?" The boy asks.

"No I thought you were..." Aria trails off before realizing a pretty important error. "Uh oh."

"We could turn around and retrace our steps," Ash looks back even though it's snowing so hard he can't tell the difference between forwards, backwards, left, right, up, and down.

"I don't think that would work," Aria sighs. "Going backwards won't get us to them or anywhere in that case."

"So continue on?" Ash questions.

"Let's hope our sense of direction will lead us to Snowbelle City," Aria says with little hope.

The two continue to trudge the snow for what seems like eternity. But then Aria hears Ash say "ow" after walking into an evergreen tree. They've been able to see trees in time up to this point but it takes a few seconds for them to realize that this isn't just a forest they're walking through.

They try to see through the trees but it's too dense to do such a thing. "Aria I have an idea but you may not like it," Ash says.

"I'll do anything to get somewhere warm,"  Aria states and Ash smirks.

"Okay then trust me," Ash says while simultaneously pulling the pinkette down into the snow. Ash was already over the freezing sensation that rushes into your legs after falling in the snow, but Aria isn't.

"ASH!" She yells as her leggings become soaked by the snow. "Just wait until we get there," Aria mutters and slowly crawls through the snow after Ash.

The trees are so close together that even a blizzard this harsh can barely pile up underneath them. The branches and pine needles hanging above them are more ice than snow and they're only crawling through a few centimetres of snow.

Also the wind is only a light breeze though them which is greatly appreciated. After endlessly crawling they reach an opening in the trees. After standing up realize it's almost like they time travelled...

It's still quite chilly but there's a beautiful flower field in front of them. The grass and trees are as lush and beautiful as they should be and there's only an odd dusting of snow on the flowers.

But that's when they look at the bigger picture...

Pokémon are running around, each one with some sort of mission. A lot of the fire types are melting any snowfall while others are tending to the vegetation. It's like they're all part of some complex system.

"Woah," Aria mumbles in amazement.

"The things pokemon do can be quite beautiful," Ash smiles. "Come on, let's go help them!"

He runs carefully through the field to a wooden shack in the middle of the clearing. "You mean you see stuff like this often?" Aria asks.

"Weather defying things like this are rare but it seems like every route has something special going on," Ash answers. "Sometimes they're too stunning to understand, but it's just a way Pokémon prove that they live in harmony."